The School of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology (SPST) was founded in July, 2000 and is led by Professor Jay S. Siegel, an internationally renowned expert in molecular design and drug innovation, and the former dean in charge of education at the Faculty of Science at University of Zurich.
As the first pilot of “Network of International Centers for Education in China” program, SPST has been characterized by an intellectually rigorous environment, dynamic culture, and unique opportunities for research and study.
Currently SPST has 30 full-time international faculty from the United States, Germany, Austria, Singapore, New Zealand and another 11 countries.
SPST provides students with advanced knowledge in pharmaceutical sciences, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacognosy, pharmacology, pharmaceutical analysis, biochemistry, & pharmaceutical administration.
Students of the integrated pharmacy program will receive training in cutting edge technology so that they will have competitive skills in drug discovery, development, and commercialization.
In order to fulfill the above research and training mission, the courses taught at SPST will teach students the following core concepts:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Pharmaceutical science as a multidisciplinary field integrating fundamental principles from many basic disciplines (chemistry, biology, math, physics, computer science, economics). All disciplines should be taught primarily from an explicit pharmacy perspective
- Best practices in laboratory safety and record keeping
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Scientific ethics
- Social responsibility
- Communication skills, both oral and written (in scientific English)
- The innovative and responsible conduct of pharmaceutical research
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Registration Fee: RMB420
- Tuition (per person per academic year): RMB20,000
- Medical Insurance Fee: 600RMB for each year each person
Tianjin offers international students comprehensive scholarships to cover tuition and living costs during their studies. With a scholarship, registration fees, tuition, laboratory fees, internship placements and accommodation fees on campus are exempted. The duration of the scholarship is the same as the duration of studies, which is confirmed when students are accepted to Tianjin University.
- Students will be conferred a bachelor degree and awarded a graduation certificate after they have fulfilled the credit point requirement, completed their graduation thesis and satisfied their degree requirements in the stipulated period of time.
- Students who do not qualify to graduate will receive completion certificate. Dropouts will receive learning certificate.
About this institute
Seeking truth from facts
As the first university in China, Tianjin University (TJU) was founded in 1895 as Peiyang University. TJU has been committed to the mission of revitalizing China through education ever since its foundation, and is a pioneer of modern higher education. TJU proudly upholds...
Be the first to write a review!