Pharmaceutical Bioprocess EngineeringTechnical University of Munich
About this program
Pharmaceutical Bioprocess Engineering
Pharmaceutical Bioprocess Engineering combines scientific and engineering fundamentals for biotechnological production in the pharmaceutical industry and related fields.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
What does this program cover?
The Pharmaceutical Bioprocess Engineering program combines engineering sciences with the natural sciences. This program deals, for example, with the structure of microorganisms with which biotechnological products can be produced. On the other hand, the technical properties of an industrial plant in which several cubic meters of product are to be fermented every day are the subject of this course. Pharmaceutical bioprocess technology operates in a complex environment with numerous different requirements:
- safe methods of genetic engineering
- precise analytical methods for monitoring the process and the product
- individual adaptation of the fermentation and purification process to the organisms and products used
- careful conception of the production plants
- consistent application of quality management methods in the pharmaceutical industry
- formulation of a biotechnological active substance into a medicinal product
About this institute
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of Europe’s top universities. Ever since its founding in 1868, the university has been at the forefront of innovation. It is committed to excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinary education and the active...
Be the first to write a review!