MSc in Technology of Wood, Plastics and Textiles
This programme emphasises on the basic practical knowledge of CAD-engineering programmes and CAM-manufacturing technologies as they are extremely important in every industrial sector all over the world. The curriculum gives students the unique opportunity to implement their individual research projects in collaboration with various companies. Teaching is organised into modules combining lectures, seminars and laboratory work in the recently renovated laboratory of Polymer Physics and Technology, which is equipped with state-of- the-art devices.
- Degree: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
- Duration: 2 years
- Faculty: School of Engineering
- Study Load: 120 ECTS
- Mode of Study: Full-time study
Applicants will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in natural sciences or technical fields.
- Motivation letter
- Online interview
- GRE General Test
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Curriculum outline (120 ECTS):
- General studies - cover courses about project planning, entrepreneurship and management.
- Core studies - include courses about materials' testing, structure of wood, plastic, textile and composite materials, CAD/CAM technologies in furniture, plastics and garment industry, etc.
- Special studies - students can specialise in wood technology or technology of plastics and textiles.
- The courses cover technologies in the woodworking and furniture industry, the technology of plastics industry, technologies and equipment of the textile and garment industry, etc.
- Free choice courses - students can choose from a wide variety of courses offered at the university.
- Graduation thesis - scientific or engineering project that is based on the special studies module individual research projects performed during studies.
Scholarships & funding
A tuition fee waiver is a scholarship that grants free education based on the points gained in the course of admission. It is automatically awarded to the best candidates according to the points gained in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period.
Tuition Fee: non-EU - 3600 EUR/year
EU citizens are exempt from tuition fees for this programme.
Graduates of this programme will be awarded a Master of Science in Engineering (MSc).
The graduates of the programme possess skills applicable in a broad sphere, such as automation and robotics and mechatronics engineers in the industry; project managers and entrepreneurs and managers of innovative SMEs orientated towards developing cutting edge technology or medicinal devices; health and space industry; security; products combining hardware and ICT, etc. Active and bright mechatronics engineers are urgently needed in the fields of automatic production lines and robotics such as ABB or SIEMENS. Students can also continue their studies at PhD level in mechatronics or in a related field.
About this institute
A vision of today’s society is innovative, entrepreneurial, technologically advanced, and open to the world, and this is what Tallinn Unversity of Technology (TalTech) is applying for through internationally high-level studies and research. At TalTech, we make real things and develop...
Want to know more about MSc in Technology of Wood, Plastics and Textiles? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.