MSc in Mechatronics
The programme aims to give students professional knowledge and skills for a successful career in the future that are orientated to ICT intensive engineering technologies, such as mechatronics, robotics and automation, which presume professional abilities to integrate, conduct and lead complex engineering projects integrating smart ICT and hardware technologies for solving practical problems and starting a new business. This programme is strongly orientated towards practical, hands-on projects and developing practical skills supported by laboratories of mechatronics, robotics, machine vision, automation, etc. and computer classes.
- Degree: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
- Duration: 2 years
- Faculty: School of Engineering
- Study Load: 120 ECTS
- Mode of Study: Full-time study
Applicants will need the following:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechatronics, ICT, electronics, mechanics, physics or science
GRE General Test
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Curriculum outline (120 ECTS):
- General studies - include courses about entrepreneurship and business planning, quality management, Estonian language and culture, management and leadership and more.
- Core studies - cover basics of mechatronics, including advanced robotics, mechatronic systems modelling and control, control instrumentation, microprocessor systems, etc.
- Special studies - students can choose Specialisation Grounds (dynamics of robots and machines, object-oriented programming, electronics, data acquisition means and methods), Mechatronics Applications (industrial automation and drives, industrial internship, prototyping, mechatronics and smart systems project), Smart Systems (fundamentals of sustainable energy engineering, computer-aided manufacturing, advanced manufacturing planning and control systems, biomedical sensors, foundations of cyber security, machine vision, etc.).
- Free choice courses - students can choose from a wide variety of courses offered at the university.
- Graduation thesis - a research project that presents technical or research problems in the area of mechatronics, automation or robotics.
Scholarships & funding
A tuition fee waiver is a scholarship that grants free education based on the points gained in the course of admission. It is automatically awarded to the best candidates according to the points gained in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period.
Tuition Fee: non-EU - 3600 EUR/year
EU citizens are exempt from tuition fees for this programme.
Graduates of this programme will be awarded a Master of Science in Engineering (MSc).
The graduates of the programme possess skills applicable in a broad sphere, such as automation and robotics and mechatronics engineers in industry; project managers and entrepreneurs and managers of innovative SMEs orientated towards developing cutting edge technology or medicinal devices; health and space industry; security; products combining hardware and ICT, etc. Active and bright mechatronics engineers are urgently needed in the fields of automatic production lines and robotics such as ABB or SIEMENS. Students can also continue their studies at PhD level in mechatronics or in a related field.
About this institute
A vision of today’s society is innovative, entrepreneurial, technologically advanced, and open to the world, and this is what Tallinn Unversity of Technology (TalTech) is applying for through internationally high-level studies and research. At TalTech, we make real things and develop...
Want to know more about MSc in Mechatronics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!