BSc in Agricultural engineering
The objective of the BSc in Agricultural engineering program is to educate future agricultural engineers, who has general knowledge and skills in agricultural production, process and farming based on agricultural, natural, technical and economical sciences in diverse areas of modern agriculture. Theoretical knowledge supports further study at MSc level provided by the B. Sc. programme.
Graduates with a BSc in Agricultural engineering will be able to
- manage agricultural enterprises with different scales in area of agricultural production, process and trade
- hold a post on supply in administration and policy
- analyse and control commersial and ecomonical process in the field of agriculture
- teach how to control and manage agricultural production
- introduce general production technologies
- teach how to implement and manage production technologies
- prepare for taking managerial and social responsibilities
- introduce professional principles to prepare students for MSc course
Main areas of the Agricultural engineering education
- animal husbandry and nutrition
- crop production and plant protection
- agricultural management
The course is offered by the Faculty of Agriculture and EnvironmentalSciences.
Students interested in the BSc/MSc programmes need to complete an Application Form to be considered for admission to the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Documents are available at the Registrar's Office or can be downloaded from the FAES website.
The Application Form and all the necessary documents (Final Diploma or its Certified Copy, Result in English Language Test or its Certified Copy, Scientific activities and results, Curriculum Vitae, References, Certification of Bank Transfer of Application Fee, Medical Certificate, Learning Agreement) must be sent to the address below. Documents may be emailed if the forms have been scanned. An application will be considered only after all of the requested documents have been received. Accepted students will receive an admission letter with all necessary information for the next steps.
Szent István University,
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
H-2103 GÖDÖLLO, Páter K. street 1, Hungary
Phone: +3628-522059, +3628-522005
Email: dekan (at) mkk.szie.hu
Successful candidates will be admitted after the first semester's tuition fee is paid, all the required documents are received and the minimum number of students (10) have registered for the course.
- Completed secondary school studies proved by a High School Diploma
- Good command of English
- Payment of application and tuition fee
- Submitted required documents
- Filled in Application form
- Official copy of secondary school certificate with the final results. If it is nor issued in English, an attested translation into English or Hungarian is needed
- Official copy of the English exam and its result that prove your English proficiency.
- Brief CV in English
- Recommendation letters of Referees with their addresses
- Medical certificate dated back not more than 30 days
- Copy of receipt proving payment of application fee
The BSc/MSc programme tuition fees cover education, research, organized field trips, and study tours.
Application fee: 50 EUR/student (paid at registration)
Tuition fee: 1,100 EUR/student/semester (paid 30 days before registration)
Student ID Card: 7 EUR/student/semester (payable at registration)
Other expenses include accommodations listed above (estimated at 250-475 EUR per month) and health insurance (cca. 40/month EUR).
Szent István University
Szent István University (SZIU), one of Hungary’s most prominent institutions of higher education, consists of eight different faculties for study and research hosting approximately 15,000 students. The university campuses, located throughout the country, are home to some beautiful buildings in...
Be the first to write a review!