BEng (Hons) Renewable Energy EngineeringSolent University
About this program
BEng (Hons) Renewable Energy Engineering
The energy sector is a fast-growing industry with enormous potential in the short and long term. From renewable energy generation to the efficient use of energy in engineering systems such as cars, the engineering industry will require engineers with expertise in the environmentally friendly generation, distribution and efficient use of energy. Solent’s renewable energy engineering course will equip you with key engineering skills and knowledge to start your career in this area.
This course also offered in part time.
This course will suit those with a strong interest in engineering and environmental science, who wish to pursue a career in the fast-growing renewable energy sector.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Mathematics
- CAD and the Design Process
- Mechanical Principles
- Manufacturing Principles
- Introduction to Electronics
- Professional and Study Skills
- Applied Mathematics for Engineering
- Automation and Control
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Wave and Tidal Energy Systems
- Solar and Wind Energy Systems
- Competition and Contracts in Engineering
- Power Storage and Distribution
- Composite and Floating Structures
- Eco-Vehicle Technology
- Business Strategy
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island fees: £9,250
- International fees: £13,800
- UK and Channel Island fees: £4,625 per year
- International and EU fees: Students from outside the UK are usually unable to obtain a visa for part-time study.
This course will help prepare you for a career in the renewable energy sector including technical and management roles in areas such as environmental engineering, energy engineering, project management, and impact assessment.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Be the first to write a review!