BEng (Hons) Mechanical EngineeringSolent University
About this program
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
Solent University’s mechanical engineering program focuses on applied engineering principles and places a strong emphasis on employability. Our experienced course team will help you to develop the range of theory based, professional and hands-on skills that employers in the industry are looking for.
This course aims to provide students with the knowledge employers will require, from essential engineering concepts to mechanics, drawing, CAD and manufacturing skills. Critically, past students have been able to gain an insight into real-life engineering problems, tackling projects defined for them by our network of industry contacts.
This course also offered in part time.
Ideal for those looking to pursue a career in engineering in roles such as design or research engineer, mechanical design engineer or junior engineering manager, this course teaches students theoretical and practical mechanical engineering skills alongside business skills to be able to take the first step into a career in engineering.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Mathematics
- CAD and the Design Process
- Manufacturing Principles
- Mechanical Principles
- Introduction to Electronics
- Professional and Study Skills
- Applied Maths for Mechanical Systems
- Engineering Materials
- Modelling and Mechanics of Products
- Quality and Product Development
- Automation and Control
- Competition and Contracts in Engineering
- Analysis and Design Optimization
- Analysis of Materials and Structures
- Manufacturing Operations
- Major project
- Business Strategy
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island fees: £9,250
- International fees: £13,800
- UK and Channel Island fees: £4,625 per year
- International and EU fees: Students from outside the UK are usually unable to obtain a visa for part-time study.
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Research engineer
- Design engineer
- CAD draughting
- Junior engineering manager
- Mechanical sales/applications support engineer
- Electro-mechanical packaging design engineer
- Mechanical design engineer.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Be the first to write a review!