Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology - Associate DegreeSan Jose City College
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology - Associate Degree
All available course dates
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology
San Jose City College offers two certificates and an Associate in Science (A.S.) in Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Technology. This program is designed to develop the appreciation, knowledge, and skills essential for employment in the air conditioning and refrigeration industry. Instruction includes both theory and practical work with refrigeration and air conditioning machinery, electrical equipment, and related mathematics. A grade of "C" or better is required in each course in the major and approved major electives for each certificate and degree.
Admission to San José City College (SJCC) is open to high school graduates, possess GED, certificate of proficiency, or the equivalent, or to those who are at least 18 years old.
The first step for all persons desiring to enroll in classes at SJCC is to complete an application for admission. Please visit the website for more information regarding admission.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Air Conditioning Principles
- Refrigeration Principles
- Intermediate Air Conditioning
- Refrigeration Service
- EPA Section Section 608 Refrigerant Recovery Certification Program
- Hydronics and Air Distribution
- Air Conditioning Control Systems
- Introduction to Facilities Maintenance
Select one of the following:
- Sheet Metal Principles
- Introduction to Industrial Electronics and Controls
- Management of People in Technical and Building Services Industries
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology - Associate in Science
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology - Certificate of Achievement Level 2
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology - Certificate of Achievement Level 3
- Recognize the components that constitute Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems. Perform Maintenance and Repair on complex Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems.
- Competence in analyzing, maintaining, servicing and commissioning Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems. Problem-solve and troubleshoot complex Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems using analytical and methodical practices.
- Ability to interpret and process Wiring Diagrams and Pipe Diagrams. Demonstrate proficiency in writing service reports in both hard and soft copy.
- Competence and skill in maintaining energy efficient Air Conditioning and Refrigeration equipment. Recognize and be capable of implementing modern technologies so as to maintain proper and efficient functionality of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual and in groups of all social and economic backgrounds. Demonstrate awareness of Global Warming, Green House Gases Effect and Ozone Depletion as related to use of common Refrigerants.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity when dealing with customers and employers. Exercise professional courtesy in the workplace.
- Recognize proper attire and etiquettes expected of Professional Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technicians and Engineers. Perform Mechanical and Electrical installations of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems that are both safe and aesthetically pleasing.
About this institute
San Jose City College
Founded in 1921 in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, San José City College (SJCC) has provided educational excellence and opportunities to students from around the world for 100 years! San José City College’s new state-of-the-art facilities combined with a...
Want to know more about Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology - Associate Degree? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!