Learn from industry experts at SAE Australia!
Begin your career in sound design, music production, and DJing using industry-standard hardware and software. You'll get hands-on experience from day one in this exciting new course from SAE.
The diploma of sound production course specializes in electronic music production. You'll become a part of a large community of budding electronic music producers through SAE's worldwide network.
The diploma program is divided into 3 phases:
- Foundation Skills Development: You will undertake a number of foundation units which will give you the essential technical skills and knowledge not only relevant to your discipline area, but also give you the skills required to collaborate with other creative media students and professionals in later stages of the program
- Interdisciplinary Projects, Media and Cultural Studies: In Stage II you will be working in simulated project groups where you are working towards large scale deliverables each trimester. Within Stage II we will not only get you to apply your Stage I skills in a deeper context, but help you work within the contemporary creative media workforce
- Stage III: Stage III is the final part of your studies. Here you will undertake an interdisciplinary project of your choice to be the final and most ambitious portfolio project that you will undertake. You will also finalise your studies by undertaking an elective module and completing a compulsory internship.
Upon graduating, you will have a sound knowledge of audio for many applications in the music and creative media industries. You'll be proficient in the use of a variety of industry standard hardware and software, allowing you to use your skillset on large or small scale projects across many facets of the audio industry.
- Completion of year 11 from an Australian secondary school or equivalent OR alternative entry
- Must turn 18 in first year of study AND completion of secondary studies AND meet English language requirements
SAE Institute Australia
Study at the world’s leading educator in creative media while enjoying life in sunny Australia. With 53 campuses in 27 different countries, SAE has been setting the benchmark for creative media studies since 1976. In 2004, SAE acquired Qantm College, a...
Location & accommodation
Contact information for SAE Institute Australia
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!