Mechanized Agriculture (CA)Reedley College
About this program
Mechanized Agriculture (CA)
Students successfully completing the outlined course of study will be prepared to enter the workforce as an entry-level technician specializing in the service and repair of diesel engines, heavy-duty brake systems, as well as suspension and steering for On-Highway Medium and Heavy-Duty Trucks. Students will receive instruction in the areas of diesel engine service and repair, safe operation of diesel-powered machinery, medium and heavy-duty brake systems, as well as suspension and steering systems used in On-highway trucks and buses. In addition, service department fundamentals such as precision measuring, technical reading and writing, and general shop safety and skills will be emphasized. Students will be expected to operate in a workplace like environment.
- File a completed application with the Admissions Office.
- Submit one transcript in English translation of all work completed in high school and college along with the results of any general matriculation or school leaving examinations.
- Submit an affidavit of financial support.
- Submit evidence of a negative tuberculin skin test taken in the U.S. not more than six months prior to entering college.
- Show proof of medical insurance or purchase insurance offered through the college.
- Submit a total score of 500 or better on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Please write to the following address to make arrangements to take the test: Test of English as a Foreign Language Educational Testing Service Princeton, NJ, USA 08540
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Equipment Technician: Diesel Engines, Service Fundamentals, Machine Systems
- Heavy Duty Brake Systems
- Equipment Technician: Electrical, Hydraulic Systems and Welding
- Heavy Duty Suspension and Steering
- Cooperative Work Experience
- Equipment Technician: Power Train I and Mobile Vehicle Air Conditioning
- Equipment Technician Fuel Systems and Power Train II
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Tuition fees for out-of-state & international students: $3,480.00 per semester
- Certificate of Achievement in Medium/Heavy Truck Service and Repair
- Certificates of Achievement in Mechanized Agriculture
- Certificates of Achievement in Equipment Technician I and II
Students successfully completing the course will be eligible to take ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification tests for the subjects of study.
Students in this program my work in fields such as: Farm Tech/Mechanic, Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Service Mechanics, Parts Managers, Sales, and Diesel Technicians
About this institute
Reedley College offers an AS degree or Certificates with an opportunity to transfer to 4-year Universities. Our most notable degrees are: Business Administration, Dental Assisting, Certified Nursing Assistant, Forestry & Wildfire Resources, Mechanized Agriculture, Aviation Maintenance, Animal Science, Mechanized Agriculture...
Be the first to write a review!