Study Music Technology in South Africa
The Bachelor of Music Technology at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa is an education programme which provides its students with a comprehensive understanding of music technology.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University's 4-year, full-time Bachelor of Music Technology offers students theoretical knowledge within the practice of music technology. Students enrolled in this education programme develop the skills required to record, produce, and programme music in a multi-track, PC-based analogue/digital recording studio.
Education courses offered within the Bachelor of Music Technology are:
- Music in History and Society: Western Classical Music ca. 850 – 1600
- Music Technology
- Applied Choral Conducting
- Music Theory & Analysis
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Music Technology, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers within the field of music technology.
Admission requirements for the Bachelor of Music Technology at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa are:
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40– 49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 3 (40-49%) for Mathematical Literacy or 2 (30-39%) for Mathematics is preferred.
- Passes in Music Practical Grade 6 and Music Theory Grade 5.
- Learners must score at least 30 points on the university’s APS rating scale for all curricula.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 22 and 29 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) is the largest higher education institution in the Eastern and Southern Cape. Approximately 10% of NMMU's 27,000 students are international students.The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University offers quality education in a vibrant, diverse environment conducive...
Location & accommodation
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
About Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is situated 260 km from Knysna and about 800km from Cape Town. Located on the South Eastern coast of Africa, this major sea port and tourist destination is set along the beautiful shores of Algoa Bay, and is fondly referred to as the Friendly Eco-City. It is known for its sunshine and safe sandy beaches. For the tourist wanting a total South African experience, Port Elizabeth...
Contact information for Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Be the first to write a review!