Master of Engineering MathematicsMälardalen University
About this program
Get your MSc in math while studying in Sweden
Gain knowledge and a deep understanding of mathematics to put you in high demand in the labor market. Through this program in math, you'll learn all of the skills to develop new technologies for a more sustainable society.
The program has been developed to allow you to choose a specialization, giving you the choice to focus on your areas of interest. You'll learn to master mathematical methods and applications in statistics, information technology, computer science, energy technology, robotics, and financial mathematics.
This 2-year MSc mathematics degree will consist of:
- Mathematics/Applied Mathematics:
- Applied Mathematics, 7.5 credits
- Applied Matrix Analysis, 7.5 credits
- Mathematics of Internet, 7.5 credits
- Wavelets, 7.5 credits
- Mathematics/Applied Mathematics:
- Applied Algebraic Structures, 7.5 credits
- Quantum Computing and Information, 7.5 credits
- Project in Mathematics II, 7.5 credits
- Degree Project in Mathematics, 30 credits
You'll also choose from a variety of electives related to applied mathematics, analysis, simulation, differential equations, and automation and theory of computation. Studies will center around problem-solving lessons and seminars. The seminars are prepared by the students in groups and are presented to the class. This approach will help strengthen your critical thinking, inter-cultural communication, and presentation abilities.
Applicants wishing to apply for the masters in mathematics program should meet the following requirements:
- A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to 180 credits, of which at least 90 credits are within mathematics, science or engineering, including programming and at least 45 credits progressively specialized in mathematics/applied mathematics including probability theory and discrete mathematics.
- A TOEFL test result, with a minimum score of 530 with a TWE score of at least 4.0 (PBT) or 72 with a TWE score of at least 17 (iBT) or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of at least 5.5 and no band score below 5.0 or equivalent is required.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Mathematics/Applied Mathematics 50%
Elective - Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and/or Energy Engineering 50%
Mathematics/Applied Mathematics 87,5%
Elective - Mathematics/Applied Mathematics or Computer Science 12,5%
For students outside EU/EEA
Per installment prior to each semester: 67 500 SEK
Annual tuition fee: 135 000 SEK
Total programme fee: 270 000 SEK
Upon successful completion of your math courses, you'll receive a master of science degree.
With your degree from the Master's programme in Engineering Mathematics, you will have many opportunities for a good career. In combination with the technological skills acquired from previous studies, you will have the expertise necessary to develop and create new technological solutions. The development of future technologies is dependent on and based on the use of mathematical methods and calculations.
On completion of the programme you can, for example, work with development or research in your own business or a Swedish or multinational company that uses mathematical or statistical methods, calculations and algorithms in its technological solutions. There will also be a good opportunity after completing the programme to continue as a doctoral student at Mälardalen University or at another university either in Sweden or abroad.
Specialists in engineering and mathematics are in high demand on the modern labour market, within many areas and companies, for example communication technology, information technology, internet and computers, robotics, banks and insurance companies, engineering and consulting firms, construction companies, medical companies and energy companies, as well as within the public sector when it comes to medicine, health care and education, among others.
Message the school
About this institute
Mälardalen University has more than 20,000 students studying Business, Health, Music and Opera, Engineering and Education. The university conducts research within all fields of education and the areas Future Energy and Embedded Systems are internationally outstanding. Mälardalen University is located on...
Want to know more about Master of Engineering Mathematics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!