MSc in Management and Engineering in WaterMaastricht School of Management - MSM
Earn an MSc in Management & Engineering in Water
The MSc in Management and Engineering in Water is a 2-year full-time program targeting young professionals who aspire to fulfill leading positions in organizations engaged in water management. The master program also qualifies to pursue a university career, including doctoral studies.
Water management comes with many challenges, both economic and ecological, and implies a sound combination of management skills and water engineering know-how. The acquisition, distribution and management of water resources will become even more challenging in the future than it is today.
It is important that complex water systems meet the levels of service and performance requirements defined by social and environmental demands, while minimizing financial, environmental and societal costs. The continued development, operation and management of these systems require highly trained experts with knowledge and practical skills covering science, engineering and management disciplines.
Water management systems are fundamental to society, for example for the supply of safe drinking water, the treatment of waste water or flood and coastal protection and through the social and ecological consequences of water management.
What you'll get in the Management and Engineering in Water Program
- Increase your career perspective: The MSc in Management and Engineering in Water provides water specialists with the necessary educational base and professional foundation to fulfill leading positions in water management.
- Experience world-class engineering education: The Engineering part of the program will be conducted by the faculty of Civil Engineering of the RWTH Aachen University. The prime mission of this faculty is to train highly qualified and responsible engineers in the broad field of Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering, including Water Engineering, in order to prepare you for future leading positions in industry and society.
- Develop your global leadership skills: On the management side, our more than six decades of international experience in international management education will enrich your skills as a globally-oriented manager. You will become a master in core management processes and in the major societal and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies.
- Learn from diversity: You will share your study experience with fellow participants from all over the world. Not only will your fellow students represent various cultural backgrounds, but they will also come from different business sectors, study backgrounds and different personal networks. This variety of profiles will help you develop your multi-cultural skills, and build your global network.
- Study in two unique historical cities: The program will give you a chance to live and study in the heart of Europe. Aachen and Maastricht are only 30 km apart from each other, and yet they are two unique cities with their own histories, languages and cultures. Both cities provide the surroundings for a memorable study experience.
Admission to the MME program takes place on a competitive basis. Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor degree in Engineering or in Science related to your envisioned study program awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Have basic knowledge in business administration. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online courses conducted by the School of Business and Economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the start of the course (July-Sep).
- Have practical professional experience of at least one year. This can be a practical training or work experience in the area of your program of interest during or after your first recognized university degree.
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language.
- For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
*Exemptions for the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Per semester: €5,500
- Total for entire 2-year MSc program: €22,000
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands with a large network of students, alumni and partners across the globe. Studying in one of MSM’s management programs means you will...
Want to know more about MSc in Management and Engineering in Water? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!