MSc in Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical EngineeringMaastricht School of Management - MSM
Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering
The MSc in Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering is a 2-year full-time industrial engineering program that provides you with advanced knowledge and understanding of finite element methods, numerical methods, simulation, mechanics, software engineering and production management, combined with business, management, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
Industrial engineers are employed in a wide-range of fields: in traditional manufacturing companies or in consulting firms, in financial institutions or in the food industry, in logistics companies or health care establishments. With the benefit of a qualification in management your will have the added choice and flexibility of working in even more different sectors and professional capacities.
What you'll get from Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering
- Increase your career options: Graduates with the expertise to understand both the art of management and complex engineering processes are highly sought after in today’s industrial and technological world. This program caters to that demand by giving you the flexibility to work in two increasingly interlinked fields of today’s professional activities: engineering and business administration. As a graduate of the program you will be able to combine management goals and operational performance.
- Experience world-class engineering education: The scientific leadership of the M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering lies with the Institute of General Mechanics (IAM)of the RWTH Aachen University. Current research directly influences the curriculum and ensures that you are exposed to the most up-to-date information and practices.
- Develop your global leadership skills: On the management side, Maastricht School of Management’s six decades of international experience in global management education will enrich your skills as a globally-oriented manager. You will become a master in core management processes and of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. You will also be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives – taking account of both social and environmental sustainability.Maastricht School of Management has a worldwide reputation for its programs in business and management teaching.
- Learn from diversity: You will share your study experience with fellow participants from all over the world. Not only will they represent various cultural backgrounds, but they will also come from different business sectors, study backgrounds and different personal networks. Not only will this help you to develop your multi-cultural leadership skills, but it will also build your global network.
- Study in two unique historical cities: You will live and study in the heart of Europe. Aachen and Maastricht are unique cities with their own histories, languages and cultures – yet only 30 km apart. Both cities provide the surroundings for a memorable student life.
Graduates of the MSc program will have the expertise to understand both the art of management and complex engineering processes are highly sought after in today’s industrial world, this master course caters to that demand. This master course will give you the choice and the flexibility to work in two increasingly interlinked fields of today’s professional activity: at the interface of technology and business.
Admission to the MME-CAME program takes place on a competitive basis. Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Academic first degree:a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, such as Automotive, Aerospace or Energy Engineering, Manufacturing, Structural, Industrial or Production Engineering, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Basic knowledge in business administration. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online course conducted by the School of Business and Economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the start of the program (July-September).
- Professional work experience of as a rule no less than one year is expected. This can be practical training or work experience completed during or after your first recognized university degree.
- Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects: mechanics, materials science, thermodynamics, machine design, informatics, mathematics, physics. Furthermore in: fluid mechanics, automatic control, finite elements, modelling, theory of vibrations, manufacturing engineering, CAD.
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language
- For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
*Exemptions for the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Per semester: €5,500
- Total for entire 2-year MSc program: €22,000
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands with a large network of students, alumni and partners across the globe. Studying in one of MSM’s management programs means you will...
Want to know more about MSc in Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!