Lund University, founded in 1666, is one of northern Europe’s oldest, broadest and finest universities. The University is ranked among the world’s top 100 universities and offers over 140 international degree programs in subject areas ranging from engineering, science, social sciences, humanities, economics & management, fine art and law, to medicine and environment & sustainability. The unique disciplinary range encourages boundary-crossing collaborations both within academia and with wider society, creating great conditions for scientific breakthroughs and innovations.
Lund University is consistently the most popular choice for international students coming to study in Sweden, attracting students from over 130 countries. The University, located in Southern Sweden, has 43 700 students and 8 380 staff who are united in their efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Find out more about Lund University by filling in your details and the school will contact you.
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Lund University offers a variety of scholarships for non-EU/EEA students who are fee-liable.
The Lund University Global Scholarship is our main scholarship and is a merit-based award targeting high-achieving students from all countries outside the EU/EEA and who have applied for a full-time degree programme.
It is important to note that all of our scholarships are very competitive and based purely on merit. You must first apply to the university before you will be able to apply for a scholarship. To learn more about scholarship options, please visit the Lund University website.
Why study at Lund University
- A top 100 university in the world.
- Sweden’s top-ranked comprehensive university.
- A top 100 university for graduate employability.
- The #1 choice for international students studying in Sweden, offering a choice of more than 140 international degree programmes, as well as exchange and PhD studies.
- The University was ranked 40th in the Times Higher Education Most International Universities in the World Rankings 2021. We attract students from over 130 different countries.
- Founded in 1666 – one of the oldest and broadest universities in northern Europe.
- A non-profit, public university with 43 700 students.
- Global class environments where students gain cultural perspectives and develop international networks that are highly valued by employers worldwide.
- The breadth of the University creates excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research and education.
- Lund University is a member of international research-intensive university networks such as LERU and U21.
- Lund is home to many world-leading research environments and is the location for two of Europe’s largest research facilities.
- Students in Lund are given excellent opportunities for business interaction, like the city, with its unique, world-class environment for technology, knowledge, innovation, and entrepreneurship hosts an impressive breadth of global companies.
Awards & Accreditations
QS Rankings (2022)
#40 Most International Universities in the World Rankings
Times Higher Education (THE) (2021)
U.S. News Best Global Universities Rankings (2021)
#116 World University Rankings
Times Higher Education (THE) (2022)
'The triple accreditation' Lund University School of Economics and Management
AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA
Lund University is based in the Skåne region of southern Sweden in Scandinavia, Northern Europe. Campus locations include Lund, Helsingborg, and Malmö.
Lund University's main campus is located in the city of Lund, which is 15 minutes by train from Malmö (the third largest city in Sweden) and less than an hour from Copenhagen (Scandinavia’s largest city and the capital of Denmark). As one of the oldest cities in Sweden dating back to 990, Lund is a city of contrasts where 1,000 years of history blend with modern knowledge and ideas. In Lund, you find the charm of a small picturesque, cobble-stoned city, side-by side with big city attractions such as services, shopping, restaurants and cultural events.
Campus Helsingborg is in the city of Helsingborg, one of Sweden's fastest-growing communities. The campus is 30 minutes away from Lund by train and only a short walk from the train station. The Department of Service Management and Service Studies, the Department of Strategic Communication, the School of Social Work and the Faculty of Engineering (LTH) offer selected courses and programmes at Campus Helsingborg.
Malmö is the third largest city in Sweden and the central station is situated 15 minutes away by train from Lund. A large number of Lund University staff and students live in Malmö and commute to Lund. Many staff and students living in Lund often visit Malmö to enjoy its many shops, nightclubs and cultural and sporting events. The city is also home to Lund University’s Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts, comprising the Malmö Academy of Music, the Malmö Art Academy and the Malmö Theatre Academy. The Master's in Public Health programme is also located at the Faculty's of Medicine's facilities in Malmö near Skåne Regional Hospital.
Considered the number one city for students in Sweden, Lund offers an exciting campus environment with a vibrant student life, an international atmosphere and memorable student traditions. The ‘nations’ (large student societies), the Academic Society and the student unions have created many long-standing student traditions and their combined activities form the heart of student life in Lund. There is something for everyone at Lund University!
Lund University offers a housing guarantee to non-EU/EEA students who are fee-liable and will study a full-time degree programme at the university. If you are a student with a housing guarantee, we will provide a place for you to live through LU Accommodation. LU Accommodation has a variety of housing options including studio apartments, corridor rooms, and two-bedroom apartments all within a close distance to the university.
Students who do not have a housing guarantee usually find housing through accommodation agencies including: the Student Unions' housing service BoPoolen.nu and AF Bostäder. AF Bostäder is the largest provider of student accommodation in Lund with almost 6,000 rooms and apartments available. In addition, several different private agencies are available in Lund and the other campus cities of Malmö and Helsingborg. The most important thing regarding housing is to be proactive in your search.
Average rating 4.7Based on 13 reviews.
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.