Master in Structural Engineering
This program will teach you how buildings and structures react to different types of stress, vibrations, and deformation and the scientific methods used in order to analyze, calculate and account for these.
Students in this Structural Engineering Master's Program will be prepared to able to handle a wide range of problems that can occur in advanced structural engineering and design and learn to use computational tools such as the finite element method. The program is focused on wood building technology and design. This represents another important research area at Linnaeus University that enjoys close cooperation with the industry.
In addition to a thorough base in the theories of structural engineering, students will take part in projects relating to the development of new products and technology. Currently, the city of Växjö is home to a series of interesting wood building projects that will continue for several years to come. The program includes the following courses:
- Analysis of Structures
- The Finite Element Method
- Timber based Building Systems
- Multivariate Calculus and Vector Calculus
- Structural Dynamics
- Scientific Methodology and Planning and Degree Project/Thesis
General entry requirements for second-cycle studies and specific entry requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering or the equivalent. This degree must include a minimum of 7.5 credits in Structural Mechanics or Mechanics of Materials as well as mathematics corresponding to the courses Calculus 1 (7.5 credits) and Vector geometry/Linear algebra (7.5 credits) or the equivalent.
- English B/6 or the equivalent.
This modern and international university in southern Sweden aims to help its graduates and researchers make real positive change in society. Located in Växjö and Kalmar, Linnaeus University offers over 150 degree programs within arts and humanities, health and life sciences,...
Want to know more about Structural Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!