Bachelor in Landscape Architecture and PlanningLatvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
Bachelor in Landscape Architecture and Planning
All available course dates
About this program
Bachelor in Landscape Architecture and Planning
The Bachelor’s degree study Program Landscape architecture and planning is the first of the two sequential study Programs providing the education necessary for acquiring the professional qualification and the rights to work as a self-employed landscape architect.
Applicants with completed secondary education are approved for admission to the Program, namely, you need to be eligible for university studies in your own country. Applicants must have at least "satisfactory" grade in Mathematics, must be able to present good English knowledge (minimum - CEFR level B2, IELTS score 5.5 and over, TOEFL score 520, TOEFL-iBT score 68 ) and must submit a Portfolio of at least 4 still life drawings in pencil drawing technique (by hand).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Art History of Architecture and Landscape Architecture I
- Art History of Architecture and Landscape Architecture II
- Art History of Architecture and Landscape Architecture III
- Basics of Visual Spatial Modelling
- Landscape Architectural Design Graphics I
- Landscape Architectural Design Graphics II
- Landscape Architectural Design Graphics III
- Digital Tools in Landscape Projects I
- Digital Tools in Landscape Projects II
- Digital Tools in Landscape Projects III
- Digital Tools in Landscape Projects IV
- Natural Landscape
- Landscape Ecology and Environmental Protection
- Latvian Language I (for foreign students)
- Latvian Language II (for foreign students)
- Professional German I
- Professional German II
- Park and Square
- Architecture I
- Architecture II
- Single-family Houses Territory
- Introduction in Architectural Phenomenology
- Environmental Psychology in Landscape Architecture
- Public Building Territory
- Residential Building Territory
- Legal Basis of Design
- Project Management in Landscape Architecture
- Landscape Sociology
- Labour and Civil Protection
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee per year: 4000€
Degree: Bachelor Degree of Engineering in Landscape Architecture
Credits: 210 ECTS
The graduates of the Program are able to:
- carry out the initial project research of the territory, summarising the information about nature and anthropogenic factors as well as the character of the building;
- develop the functional zoning and compositional concept of the landscape territory according to the initial research of the territory, functional requirements and tasks;
- develop the territory improvement and greenery project for public and private outdoor space, including the planning of roads, squares, greenery plan, vertical and horizontal linking plans, plans of territory improvement elements, the scope of work and materials, specifications as well as project documentation in all stages of the project;
- organise the work process in cooperation with the specialists of related disciplines, plan and manage the work in teams in accordance with the project development time schedule.
Our graduates work in all kinds of architecture, design, and research companies. They can cover both urban and rural areas and ensure that implemented projects are qualitative and sustainable. Our specialists are able to design different-scale landscapes - residential areas, parks, shopping centres, parkways, golf courses, school campuses etc.
Message the school
About this institute
Study at one of the leading Baltic universities in Latvia
Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (LBTU) is one of the leading higher educational institutions in the Baltic States. Offering a wide range of study programs for international students, the university has provided educational opportunities for more than 150 years. In...
Why study at Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies is a university for those, who wish to achieve their goals, while studying in friendly atmosphere, feeling like a true local. We focus on modern technologies and sustainable practices to prepare well educated, competitive future specialists, ready to lead the world.
Lectures are held in modern laboratories and classrooms with new technology to prepare students for life after uni, while the learning is delivered by lecturers with ''field'' experience and industry professionals offering unique insights. All of that can be experienced in a peaceful city with plenty of European charm and the unique Baltic outlook.
Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
Want to know more about Bachelor in Landscape Architecture and Planning? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!