Master of Civil Engineering TechnologyKU Leuven
Master of Civil Engineering Technology
All available course dates
About this program
Master of Civil Engineering Technology
Built on a solid foundation in structural design and structural innovation, this programs will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to become a civil engineer. Through the choice of materials, numerical simulation and construction methods you will be able to design structures with a specific purpose that are fully compliant with environmental, legal and structural rules. You will be able to translate a project from concept to realisation, arriving at a structural design that meets the relevant criteria of strength, serviceability, energy efficiency, durability, etc.
All applications from students who have obtained a degree outside the Flemish Community are evaluated by both KU Leuven Admissions Office and the relevant master's Program director. Final admission decisions will made be at the discretion of the Faculty.
- Academic background: The candidate needs to have a honours bachelor's degree (B.Sc., B.Tech., B.Eng., etc.) or a master's degree in a related/cognate subject area, a solid background in science and mathematics and a clear affinity with the major.
- GRE test results: in order to be considered for admission, applicants are required to submit their GRE score (at the moment, there is no minimum requirement for GRE scores). Students who obtained a bachelor's or a master's degree in one of the EEA countries, the UK, or Switzerland are exempted from providing GRE scores. However, submitting GRE scores might still be considered as an asset when applying.
- English language proficiency: All applicants who have not obtained a previous diploma in a Program taught in English in Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States of America must submit a certificate proving their proficiency in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Master Thesis
- Energy Efficient Buildings
- Finite Element Method
- Project Construction
- Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete
- Ethics in Business and Engineering
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
The courses are taught in English (also available in Dutch).
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees icts.kuleuven.be/apps/tuitionfees/
Credits: 60 ECTS
Degree holders are able to apply their newly acquired scientific knowledge to a wide variety of contexts, opening up a broad spectrum of professional possibilities.
Depending on your interest, your engineering profile can lead you to careers across the industry from technological expert to boardroom executive, performing a wide range of functions, including design, calculation, consultancy, sales, quality inspection and research.
Message the school
About this institute
KU Leuven. Inspiring the Outstanding
KU Leuven is Europe’s most innovative university. Located in Belgium, it is dedicated to research, education, and service to society. KU Leuven is a founding member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU) and has a strong European and...
Why study at KU Leuven
A Highly Ranked University
According to international rankings, KU Leuven is among the best 100 universities in the world. Moreover, KU Leuven was ranked as most innovative university of Europe by Reuters four years in a row (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019). All of KU Leuven’s disciplines proudly belong to the top 100 of their field. Scholars and researchers, teachers and visionaries, thinkers and makers all have their place in KU Leuven’s fertile intellectual habitat.
Most Innovative University in Europe
KU Leuven has been identified as Europe’s most innovative university for four years in a row by Reuters. By developing the most important drug against HIV, a new type of solar panel that converts oxygen into hydrogen and uncovering the secrets of Sagalassos, KU Leuven researchers have a profound impact on our everyday lives in nearly all fields of research. That innovative character is deeply embedded in the way we teach our students, by integrating relevant guest lectures, taking an Interdisciplinary approach and opening the most advanced research and education facilities.
A Comprehensive University
As a comprehensive university, KU Leuven offers a wide range of disciplines organized by 15 faculties. Each of these disciplines is ranked in the top 100 of its field according to the THE World University Rankings by subject. Half of the university’s faculties are even in the top 50 within their fields of study.
Want to know more about Master of Civil Engineering Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!