MSc Molecular Science and EngineeringKTH Royal Institute of Technology
About this program
MSc Molecular Science and Engineering
The master's program in Molecular Science and Engineering provides in-depth knowledge of molecular systems and advanced tools for careers in industry, academia, and society. An emphasis is placed on molecules: their design, characterisation, and applications both as individual entities and as part of materials. The program also relates to sustainability with an emphasis on energy and environment, safety, and innovation.
English language proficiency equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6 is required. You can meet the requirement by achieving the minimum required score in the following internationally recognised English tests:
- IELTS Academic/IELTS UKVI: An overall score of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
- TOEFL iBT: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 90. We accept TOEFL iBT Home Edition and Paper Edition. We do not accept TOEFL ITP, TOEFL iBT MyBest, Institutional TOEFL, TOEFL Essentials, or the revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test.
- Cambridge Michigan Language Assessments: University of Michigan, Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE)
- Pearson PTE Academic or PTE Academic Online: Score of 62 (writing 61)
- Cambridge ESOL: C1 Advanced (CAE), minimum overall score 180 (points awarded since 2015), or Cambridge English certificate level C1, minimum score 180, or Cambridge English: Advanced
Completed upper secondary and university studies in some countries can also fulfil the requirement. Detailed information on how you can meet the language requirement is provided by University Admissions .
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Theory and Methodology of Science with Applications (Natural and Technological Science)
Study year 2 consists of recommended courses and ends with a mandatory degree project, second level, 30 higher education credits.
- Degree Project in Chemistry, Second Cycle
- Degree Project in Chemical Engineering, Second Cycle
- Degree Project in Fibre and Polymer Technology, Second Cycle
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
The full program tuition fee for non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens studying this program is SEK 310,000.
Credits: 120 ECTS
- Research and development scientist or engineer
- quality assurance engineer
- consultant, project manager
- PhD student
Specialists in all aspects of molecular science and engineering are always in demand, and career prospects are strong. It is a very wide field, with areas including pharmaceuticals, life sciences, medicine and medical engineering, biotechnology, environmental technology, forensics, fine chemicals, consumer products, cosmetics, polymers, pulp and paper, food and agriculture, petroleum, mining and materials, microfabrication, and energy. There is also an increased need for consultants with specialist knowledge of patenting, scientific writing, venture capital and marketing, expertise for governmental bodies and authorities, as well as for doctoral students within the area. Graduates from the program have, for example, gone on to positions as research scientists, PhD students, product managers, quality assurance officers, and sales representatives at workplaces such as AstraZeneca, KTH, Outokumpu, RISE, and Boston Consulting Group. Program graduates are also found at numerous startup companies, both as owners and employees.
Message the school
About this institute
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Since its founding in 1827, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical...
Why study at KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology is the largest and highest-ranked technical university is Sweden and ranks among the top ten in Europe. With a strong focus on internationalization, the KTH campus is an arena for bringing highly talented students, teachers and researchers together to share perspectives from around the globe.
Sustainable development is a natural aspect of Swedish society and an integral part of KTH's operations and spirit. KTH is ranked 42 among universities world-wide when it comes to meeting the sustainable development goals, according to THE University Impact Ranking 2022. One of KTH's most important goals is that all graduates have up-to-date knowledge and tools to move society in a more sustainable direction. For each of our master's programmes, you can read about how the programme relates to the sustainable development goals and what knowledge and tools you will acquire to contribute to a more sustainable society.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Want to know more about MSc Molecular Science and Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!