Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
The PhD in Engineering is an exciting cutting-edge research-based program, with a wide range of advanced courses and a major research component that provides in-depth grounding in the particular engineering field of interest. The program is delivered by experienced international faculty who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research. The PhD in Engineering program provides excellent training for those aiming to pursue a career in scientific research, academia and industry.
- Completion of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.25 out of 4.0, or equivalent from a reputable accredited institution
- A minimum level of English proficiency in the form of: iBT TOEFL (internet-based test) score of 91 or equivalent, or overall academic IELTS score of 6.5, or 1550 EmSAT English score
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Research statement (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The PhD in Engineering program consists of a major research component that culminates in a PhD Dissertation and 24 credits of taught courses that cover advanced topics in the various engineering disciplines of the program. Teaching is delivered through a combination of lectures and projects. During the research component of the program, you will have the opportunity to work with experts in your field of interest using stateof-the-art facilities and techniques.
Local students have the option to complete the program as part-time, stretched over 6 years.
Scholarships & funding
The program costs are waived for both local and international students.
About this institute
Khalifa University of Science and Technology
Khalifa University of Science and Technology is an internationally top-ranked research-intensive university located in Abu Dhabi, UAE. It boasts three colleges, three research institutes, 18 research centers, and 36 departments covering a broad range of disciplines in science, engineering, and...
Are you looking to study abroad? Do you hold a Bachelor's degree? Khalifa University of Science and Technology is located in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, and offer a range of Master's and PhD programs in Science, Engineering and Medicine. Fill out the form below to start your journey.
Be the first to write a review!