About this program
PhD in Materials Engineering
Double degree programme with the University of Bologna, Italy.
Possibilities to attain European PhD (Doctor Europeus) in partnership with PCAM (Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials Network).
The aim of doctoral studies in Materials Engineering is to prepare the best qualified specialists – scientists, who are able to individually conduct the works of scientific research and experimental development, and contribute to solving of relevant scientific problems of material engineering.
Materials engineering doctoral studies, involve research of global level in the laboratories equipped with modern equipment, focused on creation, development and application of technologies for knowledge-intensive material production processes.
Persons with a Master’s Degree or equivalent degree of higher education may participate in an open competition for admission to doctoral studies.
Applicants to the doctoral field of science are accepted by competition according to the competition score. Minimum Competition Score 7.5.
Additional condition: one of the submitted recommendations has to be written by the supervisor of the topic.
Mandatory documents for admission:
- Application indicating the science field, the topic and the form of funding (online)
- Official legalised Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas with the diplomas supplements or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts (translated into English or Lithuanian and notary verified) and the certificate of recognition if higher education qualification acquired abroad
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendations by two researchers of the relevant science field (one of the submitted recommendations by scientists has to be written by the supervisor of the topic)
- A list of the research works with a full bibliographic description and copies thereof; if no research works by the applicant are presented, the applicant is required to present a research paper whose topic is consistent with the dissertation topic indicated in the applicant’s application
- A copy of the passport page with personal data, or a copy of the ID card
- A copy of the receipt of the application fee payment (40 EUR for EU citizens, and 100 EUR for non-EU citizens)
- A certificate issued by IELTS, TOEFL, CERF or any other competent institution within the last 2 years certifying the level of the English language if the candidate is not a graduate of the first or second cycle studies conducted in the English language
Does this course require proof of English proficiency
One of the mandatory admission documents is a certificate issued by IELTS, TOEFL, CERF or any other competent institution within the last 2 years certifying the level of the English language if the candidate is not a graduate of the first or second cycle studies conducted in the English language
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Physics of Materials
- Academic and Technical Research Writing
- Design Thinking in Research
- Digital Support and Tools for Research Writing and Publication
- Research Data Management
- Research Ethics
- Research Project Grant Management
- Science Communication for the Public
- Systematic Literature Review
Scholarships & funding
Students admitted to state-funded places of doctoral studies receive a monthy scholarship. PhD students may receive additional funding for their scientific activies, excellent results of studies and scientific research or for participation in the international scientific conferences, seminars, and science competitions.
This program is delivered in both English and Lithuanian.
Students admitted to state-funded positions are exempted of tuition fee.
Self-funded doctoral students pay the tuition fee which may differ according the field of science.
Doctor of Science
Message the school
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about PhD in Materials Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!