PhD in Energetics and Power EngineeringKaunas University of Technology
About this program
PhD in Energetics and Power Engineering
The only joint doctoral studies in the scientific field of Energetics and Power Engineering in Lithuania, provided by Kaunas University of Technology and Lithuanian Energy Institute, aim to prepare highly qualified energy scientists for industry and education institutions. Doctoral studies are provided in priority research topics: Sustainable energy – the effective usage of fossil fuel and primary renewable energy sources in the energy generation systems and technologies, reduction of environmental impact; Fundamental and applied research of transfer processes in thermal technologies; The simulation and investigation of the smart grid technologies and regimes of the sustainable electric power systems. Prepared dissertations reflect the peculiarities of the areas of Thermal energetics, Nuclear energetics and Electrical energetics.
Persons with a Master’s Degree or equivalent degree of higher education may participate in an open competition for admission to doctoral studies.
Applicants to the doctoral field of science are accepted by competition according to the competition score. Minimum Competition Score 8.0.
Mandatory documents for admission:
- Application indicating the science field, the topic and the form of funding (online)
- Official legalised Master’s diploma with the diploma supplements or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts (translated into English or Lithuanian and notary verified) and the certificate of recognition if higher education qualification acquired abroad
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendations by two researchers of the relevant science field
- A list of the research works with a full bibliographic description and copies thereof; if no research works by the applicant are presented, the applicant is required to present a research paper whose topic is consistent with the dissertation topic indicated in the applicant’s application
- A copy of the passport page with personal data, or a copy of the ID card
- A copy of the receipt of the application fee payment (40 EUR for EU citizens, and 100 EUR for non-EU citizens)
- A certificate issued by IELTS, TOEFL, CERF or any other competent institution within the last 2 years certifying the level of the English language if the candidate is not a graduate of the first or second cycle studies conducted in the English language
Does this course require proof of English proficiency
One of the mandatory admission documents is a certificate issued by IELTS, TOEFL, CERF or any other competent institution within the last 2 years certifying the level of the English language if the candidate is not a graduate of the first or second cycle studies conducted in the English language
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Power Systems Reliability Models
- Sustainable Energy and Environment
- Academic and Technical Research Writing
- Design Thinking in Research
- Digital Support and Tools for Research Writing and Publication
- Research Data Management
- Research Ethics
- Research Project Grant Management
- Science Communication for the Public
- Systematic Literature Review
Scholarships & funding
Students admitted to state-funded places of doctoral studies receive a monthy scholarship. PhD students may receive additional funding for their scientific activies, excellent results of studies and scientific research or for participation in the international scientific conferences, seminars, and science competitions.
This program is delivered in both English and Lithuanian.
Students admitted to state-funded positions are exempted of tuition fee.
Self-funded doctoral students pay the tuition fee which may differ according the field of science.
Doctor of Science
Message the school
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Kaunas University of Technology
Want to know more about PhD in Energetics and Power Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!