Master in Mechanical EngineeringKaunas University of Technology
About this program
The curriculum of the KTU MSc Mechanical Engineering study programme integrates the latest scientific achievements and theoretical principles of mechanics, providing knowledge and skills essential for top-level professionals. Mechanical engineers play an important role in industry and business, they develop and design various moving objects, machines and mechanisms for virtually all industries, they solve engineering problems in robotics and manufacturing systems, they are indispensable in automotive, space, biotechnology, computer, electronics, energy corporations.
During your studies, the KTU’s upgraded labs of Measurements Actuators, Robotics, Biomechatronics, Dynamics, Piezomechanics, Holography and Optical Measurements, 3D Prototyping, Materials Static Testing will be open for your research. The University’s close links with industry companies, such as Festo, Hi-Steel, Mars Lietuva, Baltec CNC Technologies guarantees up-to-date knowledge of market needs.
Whatever career path you choose, a Mechanical Engineering master’s degree from KTU will testify to the creative thinking skills that will help you create innovative products and systems. If you wish so, after your studies you can turn to research or take a leadership career path in manufacturing companies around the globe.
The programme equips you with competencies in:
- Development of products of mechanical nature: you will be able to evaluate, model, simulate develop and optimise mechanical systems
- Carrying out research: you will thrive solving ambiguous problems, summarising and integrating knowledge and information from mechanical engineering and other fields
- Management: you will inspire and lead teams of different professionals, planning and managing their activities to achieve great results
What will you study?
- Systems: analytical models, analysis, design, production technology
- Engineering: tribology, robotics, methodology, vibrations, strength and reliability of structures
- Design: mechanical systems, subsystems of mechanical nature, integral engineering systems
- Control: installation, solutions, legal aspects, commerce
Admission requirements for the Master's in Mechanical Engineering at Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania are:
- a university Bachelor's degree (min. length - 180 ECTS) in mechanical engineering with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%)
- motivation (skype interview)
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
Tuition fee: € 4,787 per year
All EU citizens are eligible for state funding. Please contact us for more information.
Master of Mechanical Engineering
Message the school
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Kaunas University of Technology
Want to know more about Master in Mechanical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!