Master in Biomedical EngineeringKaunas University of Technology
About this program
An ageing population and rising health care costs caution us that the health care system must constantly improve. The recent COVID-19 pandemics makes this need even more evident. We have to find new effective ways to diagnose, prevent and treat diseases, and this requires innovative biomedical solutions and technologies.
Studying master’s in Biomedical Engineering at KTU, you will develop your research skills by improving existing or creating new methods and equipment for medical diagnostics, therapy and health monitoring. You will enhance your theoretical knowledge and gain the skills needed for the development and improvement of the equipment for medical diagnostics, therapy and health monitoring.
Upon completion of your studies, excellent career opportunities will open up – your knowledge and skills will be desired by the medical technology industry, medical equipment maintenance and high-tech companies, start-ups and science centres.
- This study programme is taught together with the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences to ensure comprehensive knowledge of biomedical sciences
- You will be able to join the research groups of the internationally acclaimed KTU Biomedical Engineering Institute and to contribute to the development of advanced electronic health care solutions
- The programme is designed to incorporate medical and practical research work in laboratories
- The majority of the curriculum is focused on the efficient application of technology in medicine
What will you study?
- Biophysics: cells, organs, autoregulation, bioelectromagnetism
- Biomedical electronics: ultrasound, diagnostics, stimulators
- Biomedical signals and images: processing, recognition, classification, diagnostic decisions support systems
- Biomedical devices: design, certification, regulation, standards
- Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
- Proficiency in English
- IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Tuition fee: € 4,787 per year
All EU citizens are eligible for state funding. Please contact us for more information.
Master of Engineering Sciences
- Electronics engineer
- Physical science and engineering specialist
- Purchasing specialist
- Medical visualisation and medical equipment specialist
Message the school
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Kaunas University of Technology
Want to know more about Master in Biomedical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!