Combining atoms and molecules to create new materials is an exciting occupation full of creative possibilities. Novel medicines, clean energy, contemporary electronic gadgets, and innovative solutions for building structures and transport – the application and demand for new materials is growing every day.
At KTU, the students of the unique bi-disciplinary Materials Physics and Nanotechnologies bachelor’s study programme get strong education within physics, chemistry and mathematics, combined with courses in materials science that are oriented towards technology.
KTU’s membership in international organisations, such as Inter-Academia, Federation of European Materials Society, Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials, the visiting professors from the world’s best universities, such as Stanford University, Shizuoka University, Tokyo Institute of Technology ensure that the competences of the graduates meet and exceed the expectations of industry and business.
Bachelor of Technological and Physical Sciences in Materials Physics and Nanotechnologies acquired at KTU is a testimony of an investigative, introspective and curious personality whose methodical, rational and analytical mindset can fuel innovation in various fields.
- State-of-the-art research facilities of KTU Santaka Valley available for students
- Possibilities of carrying out research with internationally renowned research groups
- Talented students can join an advanced study path of KTU GIFTed Community
What will you study?
- Phenomena: quantum, mechanical, electromagnetic, optical, plasma
- Materials: composition, features, processes, creating and applications
- Objects: nano- and micro formations, solid-state, crystals, biomaterials, nanostructures, thin films
- Applications: sensors, Nanoelectronics, solar elements, nanotechnologies, high technologies, physical-plasma technologies
Admission requirements for the Bachelor's in Materials and Nanotechnologies at Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania are:
- A senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%)
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject: final school/state exams of Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
- Proficiency in English: IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Tuition fee: € 3,426 per year
All EU citizens are eligible for state funding. Please contact us for more information.
Bachelor of Materials Technology
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about Bachelor in Material Physics and Nanotechnologies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!