Bachelor in Chemical Technology and EngineeringKaunas University of Technology
Bachelor in Chemical Technology and Engineering
All available course dates
About this program
Technology and innovation, it is safe to say, are the driving forces of the progress of humankind. However, this requires creative and well-versed engineering professionals. Professionals who understand more than just the terms “inorganic chemistry” or “organic chemistry”.
Are you interested in chemistry, innovation and technology, and are constantly thinking of original ideas? BSc in Chemical Technology and Engineering at KTU may be a perfect choice for you.
Bachelor in Chemical Technology and Engineering curriculum is designed to combine theoretical knowledge with technological skills, in-depth expertise in designing and carrying out industrial processes and laboratory practice.
Specialists in chemical engineering seek to create industrial innovations, design and manage technological systems. The growing needs of the society increase the demand for qualified chemical engineers in the job market who can analyse chemical products, to expand knowledge and to form public opinion in the field of engineering. After completing these studies, you will be able to boast of such skills.
According to job market statistics, the employability of chemical engineers is among the highest – up to 70% of them are employed just after graduation.
- The programme offers specialisations in the technology of inorganic materials or technology of organic materials
- Contemporary labs with the newest equipment are available for the development of hands-on skills including those needed for modelling and designing processes while using software
- Talented students can join an advanced study path of KTU GIFTed Community
What will you study?
- Inorganic and organic materials: polymers, oil, cement, glass, fertilizers, ceramics – products, production, recycling, industry
- Engineering: design, drawing, documenting, equipment, processes
- Chemical technology: production, models, recipes, production, industry
- Chemistry: analyses, analytical equipment, quality
- Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
- Proficiency in English
- IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
- Full-time studies 3727 €
- Price per credit 62,12 €
Bachelor of Engineering Sciences
- Chemical engineering specialist
- Operator of production equipment and machinery for chemical products
- Technology and production engineering specialist
- Life science technician
Message the school
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
High level of study based on my experience, because during your study program you are gathering not just a knowledge also practice, which is really important in my study field.
Want to know more about Bachelor in Chemical Technology and Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.