Diploma in Marine EngineeringInforma Connect
About this program
Diploma in Marine Engineering
Key principles of marine engineering and marine engineering practice explained
This diploma in marine engineering will equip you with a firm understanding of the principles associated with marine engineering and engineering management practices.
- Module 1 - Marine Engineering in Context: Maritime Transport; Ships and Machinery
- Module 2 - An Introduction to the Science that Supports Marine Engineering Practice
- Module 3 - Naval Architecture: Hydrostatics, Stability and Ship Design
- Module 4 - Power Generation and Control: Electro-technology, Electronics and Control Engineering
- Module 5 - Thermodynamics, Heat Engine Principles
- Module 6 - Fuel and Marine Propulsion Design
- Module 7 - Auxiliary and Ancillary Machinery
- Module 8 - Propulsion, Ship Operations and Future Developments
- Module 9 - Maintenance and Survey
- Module 10 - Marine Engineering Practice, Safety and the Environment
- Case Study: Design a Ship from Basic Principles
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Book before or on 4 March 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £3239.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £3239.10 | $4373.00
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £3239.10 | $4373.00
Book after 4 March 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £3599.00 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £3599.00 | $4859.00
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £3599.00 | $4859.00
What you'll learn
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- The marine engineers required knowledge of associated international laws and conventions
- The science behind the practice of marine engineering Ship design principles, operations, maintenance and surveys
- Propulsion designs and future developments
- Power generation and thermodynamics Auxiliary and ancillary machinery systems and layout
- The marine engineer’s awareness of operating in a safe and efficient manner
- Consideration for and the legal requirements covering the environment
- Undertake a vessel design specification combining the necessary legislation, structural and engineering considerations
Message the school
About this institute
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Want to know more about Diploma in Marine Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!