Track in Computer Science and Systems Engineering (CSSE)IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
About this program
Track in Computer Science and Systems Engineering (CSSE)
* This education is delivered free of charge
The CSSE track provides the doctoral student with a solid interdisciplinary background to analyze cyber-physical systems and provide solutions to a huge variety of complex engineering problems.
The program of studies is based on a set of common courses, covering the fundamentals of numerical linear algebra and numerical methods for differential equations, computer programming, dynamical systems and control, numerical optimization, stochastic processes, and machine learning.
These basic courses are followed by a number of advanced courses and research seminars related to the different areas of specialization for the PhD work:
- Research in computer science deals with the development of languages, models, algorithms, and verification methods for modern distributed systems. In particular, we focus on cutting-edge research on adaptive systems, automated verification, cloud computing, cyber security, dynamical systems, mobile systems, and performance evaluation.
- Research in control systems is oriented towards identification and optimization-based control of dynamical systems, with an emphasis on real-time embedded optimization algorithms for control of stochastic, distributed, and large-scale dynamical systems, and their application in industrial problems arising from the automotive, aerospace, and smart-grid domains.
- Research in computational mechanics is concerned with the development of innovative computational methods to study advanced problems of solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, and cutting-edge problems involving multiple fields and length scales of high interest in both the academic and industrial sectors.
Candidates must also have a very good knowledge of English, as it is the official language of the program.
To find out more about the School, the admission requirements and how to apply, please visit our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Applications are now being accepted for the 2021/22 PhD Programs at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, one of the six Schools of Excellence in Italy and one of the highest rated graduate schools in Europe according to the most recent U-Multirank survey.
Highly motivated candidates from all disciplines are invited to apply for one of the 37 fully-funded positions. The scholarships are equally divided between the two doctoral Programs that integrate scientific competences of economics, engineering, computer science, neuroscience and behavioral psychology, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, history and sciences of cultural heritage. Moreover, this year the IMT School offers two additional scholarships:
- 1 for the PhD Program in “Cognitive and Cultural Systems”, track in “Cognitive, Computational and Social Neurosciences”, funded within the ERC Starting Grant project “Tweaking dreams: non-invasive modulation of the level and content of mental activity during sleep” (“TweakDreams”);
- 1 for the Program in "Systems Science", track in "Economics, Networks and Business Analytics", funded as part of the training and research activities on the topics covered by the Neuroscience Lab (NS LAB), the research laboratory joint venture between Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center SpA and the IMT School.
The deadline for applications is July 30th, 2021.
All of IMT School's students receive a generous benefits package:
- Full tuition waiver
- A research scholarship amounting to approximately 1300€/month,
- Additional research funds for study and travel abroad,
- Free room and board on campus for the duration of the four year program.
Most IMT School PhD Graduates have reached prominent roles in academics, governmental institutions, public and private companies or professions across the globe.
Message the school
About this institute
IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is a public graduate school and research centre that focuses on the analysis of economic, societal, technological and cultural systems. The School has been under the direction of Prof. Pietro Pietrini since November of...
IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
Want to know more about Track in Computer Science and Systems Engineering (CSSE)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!