M.Sc. in Financial EngineeringHector School of Engineering and Management
M.Sc. in Financial Engineering
All available course dates
About this program
M.Sc. in Financial Engineering
The Master Program in Financial Engineering (FE) provides innovative solutions of pricing, hedging, trading and portfolio management problems by employing advanced mathematical methods and computer technology. Graduates will be qualified to consider challenges in the financial sector from an engineer’s point of view and to develop and optimize innovative solutions on the basis of fundamental economic laws.
First academic degree: Bachelor, Master, Diploma, etc. (University, University of Applied Sciences, Cooperative State University) in a relevant subject, such as Engineering, Natural Sciences, Information Science or Economics. In exceptional cases other degrees may be accepted.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in the specific field of the Master Program
- References are needed as evidence
- Evidence of an adequate knowledge of the English language is required. Usually in the form of a TOEFL (at least 90 points iBT) or an equal qualification which must be checked individually
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The master program is split into 5 Engineering Modules and 5 Management Modules, each lasting 2 weeks over a period of 15 months. The modules are followed by a master thesis written in the company and often used as an innovation project for the company.
Topics in FE:
- Customer Value Preposition
- Risk management: risk analysis, risk sensitiveness, risk assessment, and risk rating
- Machine learning for risk and asset management
- Financial technologies: financial prototyping & modeling with python
- Safety&securityin IT systems (e.g. computational models to predict returns and to solve quant finance problems with modern software)
- Analysis of projects regarding the associated information, service and finance products used from the innovation to the product launch and after
- Asset management & optimal investment portfolios
- Derivatives:sensitivity analyses,static &dynamic trading strategies
The program is 30,000 EUR for both EU and non-EU students.
For a regular master with 4 semesters the tuition fee is 7,500 Euro (seven thousand five hundred) each semester. Differing length of studies does not increase the total tuition fee. Please note that this fee is tax-deductible.
Message the school
About this institute
HECTOR School of Engineering and Management
Welcome to the HECTOR School of Engineering & Management, the Technology Business School of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) . The HECTOR School of Engineering & Management was founded in 2005 and was named after Dr. Hans-Werner Hector, one...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Hector School of Engineering and Management
Want to know more about M.Sc. in Financial Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Nowadays banking needs knowledge on high sophisticated and very actual level. In my opinion the HECTOR School Master program Financial Engineering is a very recommendable way if one wants to manage present and future challenges in the overall banking sector sucessfully. The new and state-of-the-art methods in risk management taught in the specif...