Bachelor in Mechanical EngineeringHAN University of Applied Sciences, Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
About this program
Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering course is a 4-year international bachelor and is taught entirely in English. It trains students to design and optimise machines.
The main focus of this course is on the two main fields of application, namely Mechanical Engineering and Energy Systems engineering. Apart from these main fields, mechanical applications often require steering and control, cost efficient design and human-machine interfaces. In short, the profession of mechanical engineering is a broad, multidisciplinary field.
As a mechanical engineer, you will be in high demand in both the commercial and public sectors. Industries you could work in range from the process industry and the food and agricultural industry, to automation and sustainable energy.
Key modules of the Mechanical Engineering Bachelor include:
- Statics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials
- Constructional Components
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Production Techniques
- Thermodynamics, Fluid dynamics
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Techniques
- 3D/2D Computer Aided Design
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing
- Design and Analysis Techniques, Fine Elements Method and Motion
- Motors and Drives
- PLC and Labview Programming
Students wishing to study Mechanical Engineering must meet the following requirements:
- Havo / vwo: subject requirements see: For dutch students only: ‘toelatingseisen havo-diploma’ en ‘toelatingseisen vwo-diploma'
- Mbo (level 4)
- International Baccalaureate
- Abitur or Fachhochschulreife
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GSE-A level)
- Sekolah Menegah Atas (SMA)
A sufficient level of fluency in English is a prerequisite for admission to this course, for example:
- An IELTS score of at least 6.0 or
- A TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet based)
- A Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE)
Students should have sufficient scores in English, mathematics and physics.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
EU/EEA student € 2,060
Non-EU student € 8,485
Students successfully completing the Mechanical Engineering course at HAN University of Applied Sciences obtain the Bachelor of Science degree
About this institute
Welcome to HAN University of Applied Sciences!
HAN University of Applied Sciences is located between two modern campuses in the twin cities of Nijmegen and Arnhem, in the eastern part of The Netherlands. It is one of the fastest growing universities of applied sciences in the country:...
HAN University of Applied Sciences, Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
Be the first to write a review!