HVAC Technology II Associate in Science DegreeFresno City College
About this program
HVAC Technology II Associate in Science Degree
Students who successfully complete the HVAC Technology II program have been equipped with skills for employment as HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) maintenance, diagnostic, and installation technicians. The curriculum incorporates cognitive and hands-on assignments that develop a fundamental understanding of the installation, operation, and troubleshooting of HVAC equipment and air distribution systems. Additional emphasis on communication skills and general education prepare students for leadership roles once several years of work experience have been achieved.
International Students and Scholars Admission Requirements
To determine whether you are eligible for admission to our Fresno City College International Program, please review the following Admission Requirements, and submit the completed checklist with your other application materials:
- Student must be 18 years old prior to the start of the semester
- Affidavit of Support Form
- Cost of Attendance Acknowledgement Form
- Financial Documents
- TOEFL or IELTS Exam Results – Waived if student Graduated from a U.S. High School and/or if English is an official language of home country
- TOEFL Score Requirement Score of 500 Paper Based Test (PBT) or 61 Internet Based Test (iBT) required from students applying from their home country. If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting a score of 460 PBT or 48 iBT. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- IELTS Score Requirement Overall Band Score of 5.5 required from students applying from home country with at least 5.0 in each subsection (Listening, reading, Writing, and Speaking). If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting an Overall Band Score of 5.0. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- High School Graduation Requirement Official Graduation Certificate/Diploma, transcripts, and/or equivalent evidence of graduation from a Secondary School or its equivalent are required. If records are not in English, certified translation must be furnished.
For more information about admission requirement, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- HVAC Introduction
- HVAC Comfort Systems
- HVAC System Components
- HVAC Comfort Troubleshooting
- HVAC System Processes
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International and Out-of-State student fees for spring 2021 : $3480.00 per 12 credit units
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze and strategically document air, refrigerant, fuel, and electrical measurements in the diagnosis and repair of heating and cooling equipment.
- Demonstrate HVAC skills through the achievement of applicable industry certification(s).
- Prepare for a leadership role in the HVAC industry upon achievement of work experience
About this institute
Fresno City College
FCC provides the first two years of American university education to help you get where you want to be. Students will receive an American education at an affordable cost. Our students enjoy and benefit from individualized staff guidance, academic counseling,...
Fresno City College
Be the first to write a review!