Electrical Systems Technology Associate in Science DegreeFresno City College
About this program
Electrical Systems Technology Associate in Science Degree
This curriculum provides an opportunity for you to prepare for employment or enhance your current job skills in the electronics, electrical, controls, and communications industries. Job opportunities are in residential, commercial or industrial settings.
You can start this program without any prior experience in the electrical fields. Most courses include both lecture and lab and have been approved by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) to qualify you as an Electrician Trainee in the state of California.
The EST department classroom labs are well equipped with equipment representative of industry. This affords the you the opportunity to gain not only textbook knowledge, but also a 'hands-on' experience. We believe the emphasis on hands-on experiences is what sets FCC's training apart from other institutions.
International Students and Scholars Admission Requirements
To determine whether you are eligible for admission to our Fresno City College International Program, please review the following Admission Requirements, and submit the completed checklist with your other application materials:
- Student must be 18 years old prior to the start of the semester
- Affidavit of Support Form
- Cost of Attendance Acknowledgement Form
- Financial Documents
- TOEFL or IELTS Exam Results – Waived if student Graduated from a U.S. High School and/or if English is an official language of home country
- TOEFL Score Requirement Score of 500 Paper Based Test (PBT) or 61 Internet Based Test (iBT) required from students applying from their home country. If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting a score of 460 PBT or 48 iBT. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- IELTS Score Requirement Overall Band Score of 5.5 required from students applying from home country with at least 5.0 in each subsection (Listening, reading, Writing, and Speaking). If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting an Overall Band Score of 5.0. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- High School Graduation Requirement Official Graduation Certificate/Diploma, transcripts, and/or equivalent evidence of graduation from a Secondary School or its equivalent are required. If records are not in English, certified translation must be furnished.
For more information about admission requirement, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Required Core Courses
- Technical Computer Applications
- Direct Current Fund of Electronics
- Alternating Current Fundamentals
- Lab Safety Practices
- Integrated Devices
- National Electrical Code-Electrical Safety
Select a minimum of thirty-eight (38) additional units from the following list:
- Introduction to Electronics
- Digital Concepts
- Facility Automation
- SCADA Systems
- Wiring Methods
- Motor Controls
- Industrial Electronics
- Analog Communications
- Digital Communications
- Voice and Data Cabling
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Instrumentation Systems
- A+ PC Maintenance and Repair
- Introduction to Photovoltaics
- Photovoltaic Systems
- Introduction to Robotics
- Robotic Applications
- Robotics, Industrial – Introduction
- Robotics, Industrial - Advanced Application
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International and Out-of-State student fees for spring 2021 : $3480.00 per 12 credit units
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Define and apply various numbering systems (i.e. Binary, hexadecimal and Octal).
- Develop a motor logic control solution using the defined parameters given.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of the basic operation of communication systems for digital signals.
- Design and configure a control application using a PLC and PLC software.
- Specify, install, and calibrate an instrumentation circuit for the solution of a problem.
About this institute
Fresno City College
FCC provides the first two years of American university education to help you get where you want to be. Students will receive an American education at an affordable cost. Our students enjoy and benefit from individualized staff guidance, academic counseling,...
Fresno City College
Be the first to write a review!