Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) Associate Degree in ScienceFresno City College
About this program
Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) Associate Degree in Science
The CAM program prepares you for high tech jobs as a CNC operator or CNC programmer in the advanced manufacturing industry which has become crucial to the U.S. economy.
The curriculum provides the foundation to operate and setup computer numerical control machines that produce precision metal parts, instruments, and the tools involved with the manufacturing of products. The curriculum provides you with a knowledgeable foundation using the CAM laboratory with MasterCAM software and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machines.The CAM program teaches students a vast array of CNC Vertical Milling Centers, CNC Lathes and CNCs with fourth and five axes.
In addition to upgrading technical skills for those currently in manufacturing, this program prepares you for NIMS certifications.
International Students and Scholars Admission Requirements
To determine whether you are eligible for admission to our Fresno City College International Program, please review the following Admission Requirements, and submit the completed checklist with your other application materials:
- Student must be 18 years old prior to the start of the semester
- Affidavit of Support Form
- Cost of Attendance Acknowledgement Form
- Financial Documents
- TOEFL or IELTS Exam Results – Waived if student Graduated from a U.S. High School and/or if English is an official language of home country
- TOEFL Score Requirement Score of 500 Paper Based Test (PBT) or 61 Internet Based Test (iBT) required from students applying from their home country. If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting a score of 460 PBT or 48 iBT. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- IELTS Score Requirement Overall Band Score of 5.5 required from students applying from home country with at least 5.0 in each subsection (Listening, reading, Writing, and Speaking). If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting an Overall Band Score of 5.0. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- High School Graduation Requirement Official Graduation Certificate/Diploma, transcripts, and/or equivalent evidence of graduation from a Secondary School or its equivalent are required. If records are not in English, certified translation must be furnished.
For more information about admission requirement, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Technical Computer Applications
- Preparing for Employment Opportunities
- Introduction to Machine Shop
- CNC Operation & Maintenance for Machinist
- CNC Mill Programming & Operation I
- CNC Programming for Machinist
- CNC Mill/Programming & Operation II
- Lathe Programming and Operation II
- Multi-Axis Milling & Programming
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International and Out-of-State student fees for spring 2021 : $3480.00 per 12 credit units
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and apply computer software commands for creating mechanical drawings for the process of machining accurate parts.
- Setup and operate Computer Numerical Control Machines.
- Analyze and apply shop safety
About this institute
Fresno City College
FCC provides the first two years of American university education to help you get where you want to be. Students will receive an American education at an affordable cost. Our students enjoy and benefit from individualized staff guidance, academic counseling,...
Fresno City College
Be the first to write a review!