Reducing the weight of structures has in recent years become a critical point of focus for many different sectors, such as machine building, transportation and civil construction. The appropriate handling of materials in lightweight design structures is the key success factor for preserving resources and reducing costs. Unfortunately, practical experience often shows that designing and handling rules for new materials are not being respected. The professional training concept underlying the "lightweight professional" courses address this issue.
Within these courses, industrial employees will not only obtain information, but also acquire the knowledge in a manner appropriate to their individual educational backgrounds. Based on results from a recent Europe-wide survey, the content and the format of the "lightweight professional courses" are designed to meet industrial needs.
Lightweight professional courses aim to deliver high quality content and ready-to-use practical information. Participants will experience an open environment atmosphere with the opportunity to exchange experiences with other participants and industrial branches.
The courses follow the requirements of ISO EN 17024 and are certified by an external accreditation body.
The courses are aimed at employees in industry whose work involves planning the manufacture of lightweight products, and at employees in companies that want to start manufacturing lightweight products.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
You will learn how to identify and differentiate the crucial steps for the development of a lightweight product, from the initial requirement list and the general solutions to the overall design and product documentation.
After successful completion of the basic level introductory module (IM) of the lightweight professional training courses, participants are able to:
- Identify and differentiate the different steps in the process to develop a product in order to critically assess the advantages and disadvantages of lightweight design for specific cases and different materials
- Identify company key figures and components to develop products using lightweight approach (designers, buyers, quality personal, etc.)
- Environmental impact of lightweight construction: socio-political background, governmental (European) strategies, ecobalance, need for recycling and circular economy, marketing issues
- Definition of Lightweight design and strategies, design process
- Construction guidelines in lightweight product development
- Materials knowledge related to properties and processes
- Health and safety issues
- Manufacturing specifics, cost-value ratio
- Supply chain: definition of criteria to identify reliable suppliers
- Planning and management
1200€ plus an optional 195€ examination fee
Certified professional training course according to EN ISO 17024.
The certificates confirm that successful courses participants have acquired expertise and practical knowledge in the relevant area.
- Basic level: participation in the introductory module and successful examination
- Advanced level: participation at least in four material modules and successful examinations
- Expert level: participation at least in four transversal modules and successful examinations
About this institute
Interested in learning cutting edge technologies? The Fraunhofer Academy prepares students with the most innovative research to give you real expertise in your field. The Fraunhofer Academy is the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft’s specialist provider of continuing education and part-time training for people...
Want to know more about Lightweight Professional ? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!