Fire Protection TechnicianFox Valley Technical College
About this program
Fire Protection Technician
Firefighters provide a special service to the community, protecting people and their property with fire prevention and protection efforts. To prepare for this career field, you’ll learn the principles of fire behavior, management, prevention and protection systems, as well as other emergency services. Your training will include knowledge of building construction and the use of water in fire protection. You’ll also learn about hazardous materials, rope, confined space and trench rescue, as well as EMT-Basic certification training. Through realistic classroom simulation and hands-on experience, you will master the knowledge and techniques to save lives and property in our FESHE aligned program. With this training, you’ll be ready for numerous Wisconsin firefighter certifications. Get started on this exciting, rewarding career.
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Firefighter Functional Fitness
- Fire Fighting Principles
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Principles of Emergency Services
- Building Construction
- Fire Prevention
- Principles of Emergency Services Safety and Survival
- Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
- Fire Protection Systems
- Fire Protection Hydraulics
- Technical Rescue
- Fire Protection Internship
- Strategies, Tactics, and Incident Management Systems
- Fire Investigation
- Fire Behavior and Combustion
- College Mathematics
- Basic Anatomy
- English Composition 1
- Intro to Psychology
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- Intro to Sociology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Estimated program cost: $10,701.66
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 64 Credits
- Demonstrate professional conduct by displaying personal code of ethics, positive work ethics, flexibility, teamwork skills, physical fitness, safe procedures, and sensitivity to diverse cultures and individuals.
- Perform fire prevention activities including preplanning, public education, inspection, and investigation.
- Apply incident management skills to emergency incidents.
- Meet professional fire and EMS credentialing standards.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and through written documentation with clients, coworkers, other agencies, and supervisors.
- Fire Inspector
- Special Hazards Field Technician
- Test & Inspect Technician
Message the school
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College, a 2-year public college in Appleton and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, has been the college of choice in this community for over 100 years.
You get high-tech occupational training for the workplace of today, whether you’re preparing for a new career or sharpening your job skills. With over 200 programs to choose from, you can put your career on the fast track.
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to know more about Fire Protection Technician? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!