Electro-Mechanical TechnologyFox Valley Technical College
About this program
If you’re a good problem solver who enjoys working with your hands, this might be a good career choice for you. You will learn to install, troubleshoot and repair complex machinery for business and industry. You’ll gain knowledge and skills related to electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical devices, industrial computers, sensors, instrumentation equipment and automated systems. You’ll also learn to calibrate instruments, write programmable logic controller (PLC) programs, tune closed loop automated systems and design products. Excellent career opportunities await graduates of this degree program.
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Essentials of Manufacturing Safety
- Pneumatics 2
- Elements of Machines 1
- Concepts of Programming for Technicians
- DC Circuits 1
- DC Circuits 2
- AC Circuits 1
- Computer Systems & Networks 1
- Elements of Machines 2
- PLC 1
- Ladder Logic & Control Devices
- Pneumatics 1
- DC Circuits 3
- System Troubleshooting
- Electronic Construction Applications
- PLC 3
- Operator Interfaces
- AutoCAD Fundamentals
- Blueprint Reading & AutoCAD
- Motors and Drives 2
- Motors and Drives 1
- PLC 2
- Technical Software Essentials
- Advanced AC/DC Variable Speed Drives
- Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers 1
- PLC 4
- PLC 5
- Semiconductors 2
- Computer Systems & Networks 2
- Semiconductors 1
- Hydraulics 1
- Hydraulics 2
- Electromechanical Systems 1
- Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers 2
- Robotics 1
- Robotics 2
- Instrumentation & Process Control 1
- Instrumentation & Process Control 2
- Instrumentation & Process Control 3
- College Technical Math 1A
- Written Communication
- Math & Logic
- Psychology of Human Relations
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- Digital Electronics Tech 1
- Digital Electronics Tech 2
- Industrial Electrical Applications
- Visual Basic Programming 1
- Visual Basic Programming 2
- Exploring PLC Platforms
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Estimated program cost: $10,045.37
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 60 Credits
- Perform work safely.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems and devices.
- Repair electrical and mechanical systems.
- Communicate Technical Information.
- Integrate electrical and mechanical systems and devices.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet organizational requirements such as timetables, deadlines, schedules and self-disciplined learning.
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Engineering Test Lab Technician
- Manufacturing/Service Technician
- Master Mechanic
- Technical Sales Representative
Message the school
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College, a 2-year public college in Appleton and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, has been the college of choice in this community for over 100 years.
You get high-tech occupational training for the workplace of today, whether you’re preparing for a new career or sharpening your job skills. With over 200 programs to choose from, you can put your career on the fast track.
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to know more about Electro-Mechanical Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!