On Campus Bachelor of Science (Industrial Automation Engineering)Engineering Institute of Technology
About this program
On Campus Bachelor of Science (Industrial Automation Engineering)
Industrial automation is an expanding stream of engineering, with an increasingly profound influence on most industries and enterprises. This practical qualification will ensure you graduate job-ready as an industrial automation engineering technologist in many industries such as manufacturing, power generation, mechatronics, mechanical, mining, and chemical. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest developing technologies in instrumentation, process control, and industrial automation.
Entry is available to applicants who hold one of the following:1. Year 12: Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent), completed within the past 3 years, with a minimum score of 60% in Maths;
- Applicants who have completed Yr 12 (or equivalent) more than 3 years ago will also need to demonstrate relevant work experience in the field of study applied for.
2. A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma or higher or a relevant (to the sub-discipline) overseas qualification equivalent to an Engineering AQF Diploma or higher which was completed within the last 10 years with successful completion of all Maths units/modules + recent industry work experience in a relevant field.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
Entry to this course requires demonstration of English language proficiency at the level of an IELTS overall score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5)
The methods of satisfying this English language proficiency requirements are generally through (but not limited to):
- An Australian Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent.
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test, such as IELTS (or equivalent).
- Satisfactory completion of another tertiary course offered in English.
- Work history in an organisation where English is the language of communication.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Electrical Circuit Theory and Analysis
- Engineering Dynamics and Mechanics
- Engineering Design and Drawing
- Industrial Experience Research Project
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Engineering Programming
- Principles of Chemical Engineering
- Physics and Chemistry for Engineers
- Process Instrumentation and Control
- Mechanics of Machines
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Electrical Control Circuits and PLC
- Project Planning, Management and Costing
- Ancillary Support Systems
- Communications and Networks
- Safety Systems Engineering
- Analysis and Modelling of Dynamics Systems
- Automation Systems and Supervisory Control
- Communication Systems and Protocols
- Embedded Systems Design
- Power and Drive Controls
- Technology, Sustainability and Society
- Instrument and Control Engineering Practices
- Final Year Project (Industrial Automation Engineering)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Our bachelor’s degrees take three years to complete full-time. Full-time students will spend about 40 hours per week on study. This includes attending tutorials.
- Domestic Total : AUD29,250.00
- International Total : AUD70,500.00
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Process control, commissioning and production management
- Plant, factory and building automation
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCSs) and SCADA
- Industrial design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, maintenance, field services, and technical support
- Controls, instrumentation, and robotics
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Engineering Institute of Technology
Want to know more about On Campus Bachelor of Science (Industrial Automation Engineering)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!