Bachelor of Science (Electrical Engineering)Engineering Institute of Technology
About this program
Bachelor of Science (Electrical Engineering)
Electrical engineers are responsible for designing new systems, solving problems, testing equipment, and working on a wide range of components and systems, including communications systems, power plants, electrical machines, navigation systems, and electrical systems for automobiles and aircraft. This practical qualification will ensure you graduate job-ready as an electrical engineering technologist in many industries such as power generation and supply, communications and media, computer systems, and robotics. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest electrical engineering technologies.
Entry is available to applicants who hold one of the following:1. Year 12: Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent), completed within the past 3 years, with a minimum score of 60% in Maths;
- Applicants who have completed Yr 12 (or equivalent) more than 3 years ago will also need to demonstrate relevant work experience in the field of study applied for.
2. A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma or higher or a relevant (to the sub-discipline) overseas qualification equivalent to an Engineering AQF Diploma or higher which was completed within the last 10 years with successful completion of all Maths units/modules + recent industry work experience in a relevant field.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
Entry to this course requires demonstration of English language proficiency at the level of an IELTS overall score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5)
The methods of satisfying this English language proficiency requirements are generally through (but not limited to):
- An Australian Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent.
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test, such as IELTS (or equivalent).
- Satisfactory completion of another tertiary course offered in English.
- Work history in an organisation where English is the language of communication.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Electrical Circuit Theory and Analysis
- Engineering Dynamics and Mechanics
- Engineering Design and Drawing
- Industrial Experience Research Project
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Engineering Programming
- Fundamentals of Electronics
- Physics and Chemistry for Engineers
- Direct Current and Alternating Current Motors
- Mechanics of Machines
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Project Planning, Management and Costing
- Transformers and Switchgear
- Electrical Safety, Earthing and Lightning Protection
- Power Electronics and Variable Speed Drives
- Power Quality and Energy Efficiency
- Power System Protection
- Electrical Utilization Engineering
- Power Generation (Renewable and Non-Renewable Energy Technologies)
- ElectricalControl Circuits and PLC Programming
- Technology, Sustainability and Society
- Data Communication for Power System Monitoring
- Final Year Project (Electrical Engineering)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Our bachelor’s degrees take three years to complete full-time, and longer for those studying part-time (up to 6 years part-time). You will spend approximately 10 hours per week, per unit, learning the program material, and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
Bachelor of Science (Electrical Engineering) – Mapping of Program Learning Outcomes with Graduate Attributes and Engineers Australia Stage 1 Competencies for Engineering Technologists.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Electrical system planning, design, and development
- Power supply, distribution, and transmission
- Electrical commissioning and power production management
- Renewable energy
- Electrical instrumentation and control
- Electronics research, design, and testing
- Operations, maintenance, field services, and technical support
- Electrical project management and business development
- Radio and television broadcasting
- Advanced Automation & Robotic Systems.
- Space Defense Systems
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Engineering Institute of Technology
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science (Electrical Engineering)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!