Bachelor of Science (Civil and Structural Engineering)Engineering Institute of Technology
About this program
Bachelor of Science (Civil and Structural Engineering)
Civil engineers are responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure around us gets developed, is safe, meets our needs, and improves our quality of life. This includes buildings, bridges, railways, tunnels, water distribution, and waste management networks. This practical qualification will ensure you graduate job-ready as a civil and structural engineering technologist. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
Entry is available to applicants who hold one of the following:1. Year 12: Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent), completed within the past 3 years, with a minimum score of 60% in Maths;
- Applicants who have completed Yr 12 (or equivalent) more than 3 years ago will also need to demonstrate relevant work experience in the field of study applied for.
2. A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma or higher or a relevant (to the sub-discipline) overseas qualification equivalent to an Engineering AQF Diploma or higher which was completed within the last 10 years with successful completion of all Maths units/modules + recent industry work experience in a relevant field.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
Entry to this course requires demonstration of English language proficiency at the level of an IELTS overall score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5)
The methods of satisfying this English language proficiency requirements are generally through (but not limited to):
- An Australian Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent.
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test, such as IELTS (or equivalent).
- Satisfactory completion of another tertiary course offered in English.
- Work history in an organisation where English is the language of communication.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Electrical Circuit Theory and Analysis
- Engineering Dynamics + Mechanics
- Engineering Design and Drawing
- Industrial Experience Research Project
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Engineering Programming
- Structural Mechanics
- Physics and Chemistry for Engineers
- Construction Engineering
- Mechanics of Machines
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Engineering Surveying
- Project Planning, Management and Costing
- Strength of Materials – Advanced Topics
- Applied Fluid Mechanics
- Soil Mechanics
- Structural Design and Concrete Structures
- Design of Steel Structures
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Road Design
- Technology, Sustainability and Society (Core)
- Civil Design
- Final Year Project (Civil and Structural Engineering)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Our bachelor’s degrees take three years to complete full-time, and longer for those studying part-time (up to 6 years part-time). You will spend approximately 10 hours per week, per unit, learning the program material, and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Civil and structural planning, design and development
- Building contracts, sales, commissioning and consultation
- Building control and surveying
- Site management
- Water and waste management
- Civil and structural operations and maintenance
- Civil and structural project management and business development
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Engineering Institute of Technology
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science (Civil and Structural Engineering)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!