52872WA Advanced Diploma of Robotics and Mechatronics EngineeringEngineering Institute of Technology
About this program
52872WA Advanced Diploma of Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering
The integration of technologies in engineering applications is upon us and it is here to stay. This makes it almost mandatory for everyone in the engineering world to keep abreast with relevant technology. Be ready for this change with our 52872WA – Advanced Diploma of Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering.
Student applications are considered on a case-by-case basis and the following minimum entry requirements are to be strictly adhered to:
- Applicants must have at least a Year 12 or Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field;
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field – subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent;
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or equivalent;
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Remote (Online) Engineering
- Use Basic Mathematics in Engineering
- Robot Mechanics
- Robot Kinematics
- Analogue Circuits
- Design Digital Circuits
- Machine Vision
- Design Closed Loop Motion Control Systems
- Apply the Fundamentals of Professional Engineering Practice
- Create control functions for robotics
- Develop PIC Programs
- Machine Sensors
- Machine Communication Technologies
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Develop Basic Programs for Industrial Robotic Arms
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on a part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
We understand that sometimes work commitments and personal circumstances can get in the way of your studies, so if at any point you Feesl that you are struggling with the pace of the course or finding a particular module challenging, you are encouraged to contact your designated learning support officer for assistance.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
- Skills in the latest remote engineering and mechatronics technologies
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Understand contemporary issues in robotics and mechatronic engineering practice
- Apply their knowledge of electrotechnology to understand key components of robotic and mechatronic applications, specifically concerning actuators, robot mechanics, robot kinematics, plus analogue and digital circuits
- Understand machine vision and machine sensors
- Design and apply closed loop systems, programming tools and PIC programs for robotics
- Analyse and compare machine communication, machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies
- Manage self-autonomy to achieve objectives and develop knowledge of professional practice in engineering
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Analyse, diagnose, plan, design and execute solutions with respect to electrical engineering and environmental and energy management
- Prepare complex technical information and concepts to plan, communicate and implement solutions to a range of engineeringenvironment and contexts
Graduates of this program may find roles as:
- Robotics technician
- Automation technician
- Mechatronics technician
- Manufacturing automation technician
- Control system design/troubleshooting technician
- Process control technician
- Electronics design technician
- Instrumentation technician
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Engineering Institute of Technology
Want to know more about 52872WA Advanced Diploma of Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!