52867WA Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communication, Networking and ITEngineering Institute of Technology
About this program
52867WA Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communication, Networking and IT
In today’s world, there is a growing shortage of industrial data communications and industrial IT engineers, technologists and technicians. This is due to new technologies taking center stage in modern plants, factories and offices. This course provides you a through understanding of modern industrial data communication technologies underpinned by practical, hands-on experience and expertise from our global industry experienced instructors.
- Applicants must have at least a Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field; AND
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field; OR
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field – subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry;** AND
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent; OR
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or TOEFL equivalent; OR
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Physical Media
- Industrial Data Communications
- Design Basic Industrial Ethernet Networks
- Wireless Communication Systems
- TCP/IP and VoIP
- Routers and Switches
- Field Buses
- DNP3 and IEC 60870-5 for SCADA
- Create PLC Programs Using IEC 61131-3
- SCADA and Data Acquisition
- E-Manufacturing, MESs, and Supply Chain Management
- Apply the Fundamentals of Professional Engineering Practice
- Industrial Network Security
- Create Web Pages using Current Technology
- Create C++ Programs
- Build, Query and Manipulate SQL Databases
- Administer Windows Server
- Technology, Sustainability and Future of Society
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on a part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
We understand that sometimes work commitments and personal circumstances can get in the way of your studies, so if at any point you Feesl that you are struggling with the pace of the course or finding a particular module challenging, you are encouraged to contact your designated learning support officer for assistance.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
- Skills in the latest electrical and instrumentation technologies in mining
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communication, Networking and IT
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Implement and utilise engineering solutions to a diverse field in any organisation
- Analyse, diagnose, plan, design and execute solutions with respect to Data Communications, Networking, Protocols, SCADA, PLCs, Data Acquisition, Industrial IT and Programming
- Prepare complex technical information and concepts to plan, communicate and implement solutions to a range of engineering environment and contexts
- Integrate and solve interdisciplinary engineering systems
- Manage complex projects on time and within budget
- Manage self-autonomy within an organization to achieve objectives that have outputs based on engineering applications
- Network Infrastructure Officer
- Networking Consultant
- Industrial Data Officer
- Testing and Commissioning Technician
- Control System Application Technician
- Network Analyst
- Network Troubleshooting and Support Technician
- Network Security Officer
- Network Operations Specialist
- Network & Communication Specialist
- Data Communication Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
- Communication Equipment Technician
- IT Networking Specialist
- System Administrator
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Want to know more about 52867WA Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communication, Networking and IT? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!