Data Science and AI for Competitive ManufacturingEIT Manufacturing
Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing
All available course dates
About this program
Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing
The Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing programme (DS) is a Master of Science level programme within the EIT Manufacturing (EITM) Master School. TheEITMMaster School is a highly prestigious Manufacturing Engineering and Science education provider on advanced level with a focus on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E). The education atEITManufacturing Master School combines technical competence with skills in Innovation and Entrepreneurship.EITManufacturing Master School students will be an elite group of forthcoming engineers, ICT experts, operators, innovators, and other relevant professionals.
The specific admission requirements for the Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing education are B.Sc. degree in:
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Computer Engineering,
- Business Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Information Technology,
- Industrial Engineering.
Students should have basic competence in engineering analysis, programming, and mathematics including calculus, algebra, and mathematical statistics.
Students must have basic competences in programming (Python).
- IELTS >= 6.5, with no section lower than 6
- TOEFL IBT >= 93 (minimum 21 for writing, 19 in the other sections)
- CAE: grades A-C are accepted
- CPE: grades A-C are accepted
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The two years programme (120 ECTS) includes an Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) Module (30 ECTS) and a Technical Major Module (90 ECTS) structured as follows:
- 45 ECTS for Host Programme technical courses
- 15 ECTS for Host Programme AM specialization courses
- 30 ECTS for the I&E Module courses
- 30 ECTS for the Master thesis
Technical Core Courses
- Sustainable Manufacture
- Additive Manufacturing
- Operations and Logistics
- Project Management
- Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Design
- Robotics and Automation
- Human Machine Interactions
- Statistics and Machine Learning
- Quality Management
- Digitalization of Manufacturing Systems
- Design of enterprise information and collaborative information systems
- High-performance computing for data sceince
- Service design and Engineering
Scholarships & funding
How are scholarships awarded?
Scholarships may include: mobility grants, subsistence costs support and fee waivers. Scholarships are awarded to a sub-set of students based on a ranking that considers:
- Academic grades
- RIS countries citizenship
- Study track
All students are eligible for scholarships and they don't need to present any specific request for it. The EIT Manufacturing Master School will rank the students and offer scholarships at the time of student admission.
For more information, please check the university's website.
The first year is spent at one university (entry) and second year at another (exit) university in two different European countries. There is a choice of 2 entry points and 1 exit point.
The following universities provide an entry year (first year):
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes (ECN), France
The following parties provide an exit year (second year):
- Università di Trento (UNITN), Italy
Tuition fees per year:
- 8,000 € for EU/EFTA candidates
- 15,000 € for non-EU/EFTA candidates
DEGREES and EIT Label Certificate
At the end of the EIT Manufacturing Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing programme (DS) of 120ECTS, students will get two degrees from each entry and exit university. One degree will be in Engineering and a second degree will be in Information Technology (ICT), according to the following list:
- ECN: Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, Smart and Connected Enterprise, Ecole Centrale de Nantes (Accréditation du bulletin officiel du 3 septembre 2017-Ministère de l’enseignement supérieur, de la recherche et de l’innovation) – 120 ECTS degree
- UNITN: Master of Science in Computer Science (Laurea Magistrale, Ordinamento 270/04, Classe di Laurea LM-18 – Informatica) – 120 ECTS degree
In addition to the National Accredited degrees, the students receive the EIT Label Certificate, documenting the EIT accreditation and high quality of the programme.
The degrees also grant you the eligibility (120 ECTS degrees only) for post graduate doctoral studies, eventually to be done at EIT Manufacturing Doctoral School.
Manufacturing is struggling to find digital experts able to understand engineering production systems and to manage data to address technological and business challenges. With this programme you can boost your career by becoming one of the few experts on the market.
Moreover, the EIT Manufacturing Master School will prepare you for high level technical positions, Innovation roles and business profiles, including the capability to create your own start-up. It will allow you to create a professional network at national and international level through the several initiatives and the EIT alumni communities.
Message the school
About this institute
EIT Manufacturing is an Innovation Community within the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT)– that connects the leading manufacturing actors in Europe. Fuelled by a strong interdisciplinary and trusted community, EIT Manufacturing offers unique education programs through its partner...
Want to know more about Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!