Mechatronics and Automation TechnologyEdmonds College
Mechatronics and Automation Technology
All available course dates
About this program
Mechatronics and Automation Technology
In today’s technology-based industry and consumer products, there are few products that would not fall under the Mechatronics category. Mechatronics machines and products typically perform a mechanical task under the directions of a digital controller using software instructions. Examples of such devices are robots, automation devices, cars, aircraft, communication devices, chemical and food processing devices, appliances, and more.
- Basic Electricity and Electronics
- Digital and Microprocessor Electronics
- Automation Programming
- Introduction to PLCs and Communications
- Advanced Analog and Digital Electronics
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Fluid Systems
- Robotics in Automation
- Advanced PLCs and Communications
- Machine Tools and CNC
- Engineering Technology Capstone Project
- Career Planning and Workplace Relations
- Manufacturing Basics
- Engineering Graphics
- Technical Writing
- Introduction to Engineering 1: Modeling and Analysis
- Introduction to Metrology
- Aviation Fundamentals
- Quality Assurance Tools
- Introduction to Materials Science
- Polymer Technology
- Introduction to Composites
- Intermediate CAD and 3D Printing
- Advanced CAD and 3D Printing
- Principles of Management
- Safety Management
- Or other advisor approved courses
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the website for more information.
Tuition fee* costs for academic year 2021-2022 (September-June):
- Three Quarters: $9,947.40
- One Quarter: $3,315,80
*Based on 15 college/high school credits
$500 Tuition Reduction for the 21-22 Academic Year!
Starting Spring 2021, each new student taking 12 or more High School or College credits will receive a $500 tuition reduction for a maximum of 2 quarters for the 21-22 Academic Year (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring). This amounts to a tuition savings of $1,000 to students!
$50 Application Fee Waived until June 30, 2022!
We are excited to announce that as an additional support to new students, our application fees will be temporary waived. Effective immediately, our application fee of $50 will be waived for all new applications until June 30, 2022.
Placement test fee is waived as well.
Mechatronics and Automation Technology Associate of Technical Arts Degree
- Use independent research to learn about new technology and equipment.
- Analyze, test, and troubleshoot complex electronic circuits using industry standard test equipment.
- Use simulation software to model circuits and predict circuit operation.
- Write, run, and debug diagnostic test programs for service and repair.
- Communicate technical information effectively in writing.
- Use mechatronics equipment, such as robotic arms to perform an automated process.
Message the school
About this institute
Edmonds College offers two-year university transfer degrees, English as a Second Language (ESL), professional degree certificates and a Washington State High School diploma. Our beautiful park-like campus is located 30 minutes north of the innovative and bustling city of Seattle...
Why study at Edmonds College
At Edmonds College the opportunities are endless!
- High school completion program (finish your high school while earning university credits)
- University transfer degrees- start your bachelor’s degree at Edmonds College, then transfer to a university of your choice. Our graduates have transferred to nationally ranked universities all over Washington, the United States, and abroad!
- Gap year opportunities- study with us for 3, 6 or 9 months. We offer professional certificates that you can earn in 9 months or less.
- Earn a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science- these hands-on bachelor's degrees provide you with practical skills that prepare you for a job in Family Life Education, Manufacturing and Engineering Technology, Integrated Health Management, and in the fall of 2023, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Edmonds provides free comprehensive support services such as tutoring, advising, and career exploration, all with supportive, caring faculty whose priority is to help students succeed in the United States.
- State-of-the-art facilities- you will have access to the latest technology
- On-campus employment opportunities and upon graduation of a degree or certificate, you qualify for twelve-month employment opportunities in the USA
- We accept applications 4 times a year: January, March, June and September
Want to know more about Mechatronics and Automation Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!