About this program
Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Engineering Technology
If you want to gain knowledge and skills in manufacturing processes, additive manufacturing, automation, product design, control systems, and materials characterization, the Bachelor of Applied Science in Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Engineering Technology (BAS-AMMET) program is for you. We focus on hands-on learning, with classes taught by faculty with industry experience. After completing our program, you will be a highly competitive graduate prepared for entry-level positions in various industries.
What Does This Degree Look Like?
The BAS Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Engineering Technology (BAS-AMMET) degree is designed for those with professional-technical academic backgrounds who strive for career advancement, stronger skills, knowledge, and pathways to higher degree levels.
- Cohort model, build relationships with classmates
- Hybrid format, online and in person
- Classes meet on evenings and weekends
We admit students into the Advanced Manufacturing and Materials - Bachelor of Applied Science (AMMET-BAS) program through a holistic application evaluation. Admission is determined by reviewing several factors: coursework completed, grade point average (GPA), application essay (more information below), and work experience.
Prior to the start of the AMMET-BAS program you will have:
- Completed* an Associate of Applied Science - Transfer (AAS-T), or equivalent, in one of the following fields of study**:
- Materials Science
- Earned a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA and a minimum grade point of 2.0 in core courses in their field of study.
*Note: A completed AAS-T is not required to apply to the program. You can apply if you are scheduled to complete it by summer 2023.
**Note: If you are interested in the AMMET-BAS and do not have a similar degree, please schedule an appointment with our AMMET-BAS Program Manager to determine your eligibility. While there is a "typical" pathway into the program, we consider applications from students of various educational backgrounds.
You must submit an application essay of 500-1000 words (1-2 pages) that addresses the following prompts:
- How has your previous work and education experience prepared you for this program?
- How does this program align with your long-term career goals?
- This intensive hands-on program requires students to participate in labs, projects (individual and team), and video/book instruction. What is your plan to participate fully in the program?
Your application essay provides an opportunity for you to tell the application review committee about your past work, educational experience, career goals, and how they fit into the AMMET BAS program. The application essay will also assess your commitment to participating in the program.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Credits are split into three 60-credit sections:
Proficiency (60 Credits)
This requirement is typically met prior to starting the Bachelor of Applied Science - Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Engineering Technology (BAS-AMMET) program, and will be met by the core courses earned in completion of an Associate in Applied Science - Transfer (AAS-T), or equivalent degree, in one of the following:
- Materials Science
If students did not complete the Materials Science AAS-T, additional classes (ETEC 110 and ETEC175) may be required for program entry. Please contact the AMMET Department for a preliminary transcript review to determine Proficiency credits.
General Education (60 Credits)
This requirement will be met in two parts. At least 25-30 of the 60 credits will be completed as part of the AAS-T, or equivalent degree, prior to the start of the BAS-AMMET program. The remaining credits will be completed during the BAS-AMMET program.
Note: if students have more than 30 credits of general education prior to starting the BAS-AMMET program, credits may be transferable after a transcript review.
AMMET - Upper Division (60 Credits)
This requirement will be completed in two years (6 quarters) during the BAS-AMMET program. Each AMMET course is 5 credits, and are held during fall, winter, and spring quarters.
Summer quarter can be used for completing General Education credits, if needed.
- AMMET 302 Calculus and Advanced Mathematics (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 318 Applied Statics and Mechanics of Materials (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 350 Additive and Subtrative Manufacturing (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 351 Manufacturing Systems, Automation, & Operations (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 383 Materials Characterization (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 400 Product Design, Tooling, & Assembly (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 426 Lean Manufacturing (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 427 Quality & Continuous Improvement (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 429 Industrial Organization, Safety, Management (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 450 Capstone I (5.0 Credits)
- AMMET 451 Capstone II (5.0 Credits)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the College's website for more information.
(Based on homestay with meals) $8,888.80 $2,962.93 Approximate Total $31,024.75 $10,341.58
- Industrial Engineering Technician/Technologist
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Quality Control Analyst
- Manufacturing Sales Representative
- Industrial Production Manager
- Production and Operating Workers Supervisor
Message the school
About this institute
The best starting point is Edmonds College!
From here the opportunities are endless! We are a public college, offering a high school completion program, two-year degrees for transfer to a top university, a variety of professional degrees and short term certificates, and several Bachelors degrees. Our beautiful...
Why study at Edmonds College
At Edmonds College the opportunities are endless!
- High school completion program (finish your high school while earning university credits)
- University transfer degrees- start your bachelor’s degree at Edmonds College, then transfer to a university of your choice. Our graduates have transferred to nationally ranked universities all over Washington, the United States, and abroad!
- Gap year opportunities- study with us for 3, 6 or 9 months. We offer professional certificates that you can earn in 9 months or less.
- Earn a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science- these hands-on bachelor's degrees provide you with practical skills that prepare you for a job in Family Life Education, Manufacturing and Engineering Technology, Integrated Health Management, and in the fall of 2023, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Edmonds provides free comprehensive support services such as tutoring, advising, and career exploration, all with supportive, caring faculty whose priority is to help students succeed in the United States.
- State-of-the-art facilities- you will have access to the latest technology
- On-campus employment opportunities and upon graduation of a degree or certificate, you qualify for twelve-month employment opportunities in the USA
- We accept applications 4 times a year: January, March, June and September
Want to know more about Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Engineering Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!