Bachelor of Science : Electronics Engineering TechnologyEast-West University
About this program
Bachelor of Science : Electronics Engineering Technology
Almost every aspect of daily life depends on highly sophisticated electronics systems. From the time we wake up in the morning, using electronic tooth brushes, to the time we retire at night turning on the security system, we use gadgets made up of electronics. The challenges in designing and delivering reliable, safe and cost-efficient electronics engineering systems require a complex integration of application knowledge, software and electronics, interfaced to a rapidly changing world. With continuing advancing technologies and high expectations of users the need for suitably qualified and accredited engineers is as important as ever.
The Electronics Engineering Technology department at East-West University offers a program of study leading to a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology or an Associate of Applied Science in Electronic Engineering Technology. If you’re looking for a Chicago electronic engineering degree to prepare for any number of electronic engineering careers, these programs will equip you with a broad view of the systems involved.
Unlike pure computing degrees which often concentrate on the software, scientific and mathematical aspects of computing, our degree programs will give you the information about electronic engineering you need to succeed. They aim to provide a much wider range of engineering skills, particularly in hardware and electronic systems. The courses within our degree programs cover both hardware and software technologies and an understanding of their application to the design of systems, from the smallest embedded micro-processor to global communication systems. Electronic technology is intricately-woven into many sectors of industry which affects our daily lives. Every year, new and exciting communications in wired, wireless, and satellite services impact devices and machines which change the way people live, work, and play. It’s a dynamic environment that requires professionals to sustain its progress. Increasing demand for these services creates the need for technicians with skills to assist these growing sectors of the world economy. The department of Electronics Engineering Technology has been playing a vital role in producing engineers of high caliber.
The following are requirements for all applicants:
- A High school diploma or a GED completion certificate.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official transcript(s) from all accredited college(s) attended.
- The results of the ACT or SAT examinations.
- A completed East-West University Application for Admissions and the non-refundable application fee. The results of the TOEFL (for foreign students only).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
General Education Core
English and Communications
- Rhetoric and Style
- Writing from Sources
- Senior Seminar
Mathematics and Physics
- Intermediate Algebra
- College Algebra
- Elementary Plane Trigonometry
- Engineering Physics I
- Engineering Physics Laboratory I
Behavioral and Social Sciences and Humanities
- East-West Signature Course
- Introduction to American Government
- Introduction to Sociology
Computer and Information science
- Computer Technology and applications
EET Major Area Courses
- Basic Electronics
- Basic Electronics Workshop
- Circuit Analysis
- Circuit Analysis Laboratory
- Introduction to Digital Systems
- Digital Systems Laboratory
- Solid State Devices
- Solid State Devices Laboratory
- Senior Project
Major Field of Concentration
- Fundamentals of Communication Engineering
- UNIX for Engineers
- Digital Circuits I
- Digital Circuits Laboratory I
- Microcontrollers Lab
- Filter Design
- Filter Design Laboratory
- Digital Communications Engineering I
- Integrated Circuits
- Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Laser Fundamentals
- Industrial Electronics I
- RF Circuit Design and Applications II
- Digital Circuits II
- Digital Circuits Laboratory II
- Environmental Electronics I
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
- Digital Communications Engineering II
- Fiber Optics
- Industrial Electronics II
- Engineering Math
- Environmental Electronics II
- Embedded Design
- Embedded Design Laboratory
Cognitive or Supporting Field
Computer and Information Science
- Web Page Design
- Introduction to JAVA
- Finite Mathematics
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Calculus III
To be selected from Computer and Information and Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Business, ENDT or Biology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
International Student Tuition: $7,550.
It includes tuition, University, and registration fee.
Message the school
About this institute
East-West University educates students to participate in a global society. A pioneer in diversity, the University opens doors of academic and intellectual opportunities to students of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions. Faculty members engage students in rigorous study and research,...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science : Electronics Engineering Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!