Engineering Management MScDe Montfort University
About this program
Engineering Management MSc
Ideal for recent graduates hoping to make their first move into engineering management or for established professional engineers who wish to work in a management role and need to extend their knowledge beyond their technical field into management and business.
Linking business knowledge with engineering and sustainable development issues, this course emphasises key areas of modern management required by engineers and develops your skills in project management, information systems management and people management.
You will also choose from a range of optional modules, which offer opportunities for technical advancement in areas such as mechanical engineering, sustainability, and computer networks and e-commerce systems. Our technicians and academics will support you in your individual project – a substantial piece of work in your final semester that will link your technical specialism with core aspects of management.
You will be taught by expert research and teaching staff from across the University, including from the School of Engineering and Sustainable Development and Leicester Castle Business School, reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of the course.
The broad and challenging content will help equip you with the knowledge needed to work in management positions within engineering companies and in technical roles in business settings. Our graduates are working for companies including Rolls-Royce, Network Rail and Airbus UK.
You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject.
We welcome applications from mature students with non-standard qualifications and recognise all other equivalent and international qualifications. Applicants with academic qualifications that do not meet the standard entry criteria may be considered if they have significant relevant work experience
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Critical Management in a Global Context
- Management of Information Systems
- Research Methods
- Optional Module 1
- Low Impact Manufacturing
- People Management and Organisation
- Project Management
- Optional Module 2
- Optional placement
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Each module of the course is taught via lectures, tutorials, practical sessions and seminars. Teaching takes place in semesters of 15 weeks – the normal pattern will be 12 weeks of lectures and 3 weeks of revision examinations.
Taught modules are assessed either by coursework or by examination, or both. Assessment of the individual project will consider the management of the project, the written report and the formal presentation.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: Check the website for more information
- International students: £16,100 per year
Graduates of the program are well-suited to either a management position within an engineering company, or a more technically intensive role in a business setting, contributing to leadership in innovation and operations, as well as helping set and implement strategic business decisions.
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
De Montfort University
Want to know more about Engineering Management MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!