Electronic Engineering MScDe Montfort University
About this program
Electronic Engineering MSc
Designed to address skills gaps in this innovative industry, our MSc will help maximise your employability. Industry-relevant course content, placement opportunities and teaching from research-active staff mean our graduates are well-equipped for a range of roles.
You will grow your skills across core electronic engineering disciplines, by taking modules such as Digital Signal Processing, Power Electronics and Embedded Systems. You will further enhance your employability by studying Engineering Business Environment, a module that considers the opportunities and threats to business arising from environmental policy, legislation and societal change. In your final semester, you will be supported by our academics and technicians with your individual project, a substantial piece of work focused on your specific research interests.
You will be taught by staff who are carrying out research in areas including emerging memory devices, growth nano-structures and communications cabling. This means you will develop a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the context of electronic engineering in the 21st century.
Our graduates are working as engineers in roles including control systems and embedded systems, engineering electronics design and biomedical monitoring. Opportunities also exist for further academic study towards a doctorate degree and a career in research.
You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject.
We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital Signal Processing
- Physics of Semiconductor Devices
- Engineering Business Environment
- Control and Instrumentation
- Embedded Systems
- Study Skills and Research Methods
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Power Electronics
- Optional placement
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £8,170 per year
- International students: £15,100 per year
This course also offers an ideal platform for further study and towards a doctorate degree and a career in research.
You may wish to pursue careers in engineering in a wide range of roles, including control systems and embedded systems, engineering electronics design and biomedical monitoring.
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
De Montfort University
Want to know more about Electronic Engineering MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!