Product Design and DevelopmentCentennial College
About this program
Product Design and Development
The Product Design and Development program is the only one of its kind in Canada and provides you with the unique understanding to develop high-tech, ecological and socially responsible products from concept, to design, to production.
Combining the strengths of Centennial College's School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design and the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science, this innovative product design and development program's courses bring together hands-on learning in product and industrial design, and product development with product lifecycle management (PLM). Through interdisciplinary, collaborative group projects, you develop creative design problem-solving abilities and innovative strategies by applying all stages of the visual design process.
You acquire a wide range of skills in this advanced diploma program, including idea generation, creative problem solving, drawing, model-making, the creative design process, 3D CAD advanced computer modelling, rapid prototyping, product development (CAE analysis, reverse engineering technology, materials selection, quality testing, product costing and optimization), product lifecycle management and cross-platform multimedia communications. You also develop a strong sense of the functional and aesthetic principles of design, as well as a solid understanding of the technical and business aspects of product development.
Centennial's Product Design and Development program meets the growing need for graduates with a strategic vision of interdisciplinary product design and an understanding of all stages of the product lifecycle, who are ready to work in a variety of exciting careers related to consumer product development, electronics, furniture, transportation and more.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12C or U or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission (score of 160 or 161 is required for admission)
- Mathematics Grade 11 M or U, or 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Centennial College Engineering Math Skills Assessment for Admission
You are required to attend a Product Design and Development program admission session where you must present a portfolio of your work.
- Select minimum of six pieces of your original work in art and design.
- Your work should demonstrate problem-solving, creative process and your interest in product design.
- Include drawings from observation in traditional and digital media, contour drawing of everyday objects, conceptual drawings of products, notes about your ideas for redesign, 3D models in variety of materials.
- An idea sketchbook is considered one piece of portfolio.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For more information about fees and tuition, please complete an information request form.
Message the school
About this institute
Welcome to Centennial College
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Fax +1 416 289-5352
Want to know more about Product Design and Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!