About this program
Bachelor of Engineering
Our renowned Bachelor of Engineering degree offers an exceptionally comprehensive range of programs. At Carleton, we prepare you for a successful career as an engineer by combining rigorous programs and a highly supportive learning environment with practical hands-on experience.
Carleton’s Bachelor of Engineering is renowned within Canada and beyond. You will graduate with the knowledge to undertake a very broad range of engineering activities, including the design of aircraft, software, telecommunications systems, medical devices or environmental solutions to pollution.
Along the way, you will be exposed to exciting advances in areas such as sensor technologies, robotics, and global communications networks.
The general curriculum begins with a foundation in mathematics, physical sciences and engineering principles. You will then proceed in the program to which you were admitted.
Each program provides opportunities to specialize your studies according to your interests and ambitions. All programs offer an optional minor in Business, among others.
*A co-op option is available for all Engineering majors ("co-op" is a paid work-study opportunity), providing you with valuable work experience in your field of study. Having the co-op experience on your resume/CV positions you for employment opportunities upon graduation.
Engineering Majors at Carleton University
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architectural Conservation and Sustainability Engineering
- Biomedical and Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering (BEng)
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition for one full academic year (September 2021 - May 2022): CAD 42,873
Opportunities for graduates of these programs exist in sectors such as industry, education and government, and in such diverse areas as research, product development, design, management and consulting.
Message the school
About this institute
Carleton University is located in beautiful Ottawa, the capital of Canada. Carleton is committed to giving back through education while pursuing contributions to the common good. These founding values are at the heart of the university’s focus on research, community...
Why study at Carleton University
- A large percentage of Canada’s major medical, clinical and life science research centres are located in the Ottawa area, as well as a growing technology industry with over 1,900 companies.
- The majority of their programs feature work-study opportunities (known as “co-op”), that allow students to gain full-time, paid employment related to their academic program.
- Carleton is a close-knit, supportive and diverse community. This includes academic support, help with jobs and career, health and counselling, student life, athletics, and 300+ student-run clubs and societies. Students come from 140+ countries and have many opportunities to get involved in community-building activities both on and off-campus.
- Campus is a green oasis, nestled between the Rideau River, Rideau Canal and Dow’s Lake. Their self-contained campus and focus on community encourage student interaction, which can provide you with both valuable communication skills and lasting friendships.
- Qualified applicants are automatically offered entrance scholarships ranging from $4,000 to $16,000 CAD over four years, and a place in one of Carleton’s on-campus residences.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!