Health Care IT MScCarinthia University of Applied Sciences
Health Care IT MSc
The Master degree study program Health Care IT enables graduates to successfully face the challenges in the healthcare sector. Equipped with technical and medical knowledge they are sought-after by a wide variety of potential employers in the health care industry. The program also prepares them for upcoming social issues like Active and Assisted Living (AAL) and Instrumental Activities of daily Living (iADL), which become more and more important as we are moving towards an aging society.
Students benefit from practical trainings in dedicated laboratories and work there in small groups. Two areas of specialization allow them to further deepen their interests: Medical Engineering and Image Processing or Health Informatics can be chosen over the course of the degree program. Thanks to strong cooperation with the Health Care sector, the program is able to invite professionals and experts as guest lecturers.
The students of the School of Engineering & IT should demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
- Technical understanding,
- Reasoning power,
- Good English, mathematics and computer skills,
- Enjoyment of innovative developments.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Active Assisted Living 1
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Applied Medical Signal Analysis
- Academic Skills
- Project (I) Prerequisites and Project Domains
- Active Assisted Living 2
- Artificial Neural Networks & Deep Learning
- Applied Medical Image Analysis
- Augmented Visualization in Medicin
- Smart Medical Production and Robotics
- Project (II) Frameworks and Concept Study
- Studies in Biomedical Engineering
- Artificial Neural Networks & Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence in Clinical Imaging
- Project (III) Practical Implementation
- Master Thesis Seminar
- Master Thesis
- Master Exam
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. For more information, please check the Austrian online database for scholarships at grant.at.
- Price per semester: € 385
- Price per year: € 770
Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
Key learning outcomes
Graduates of Health Care IT MSc are able to:
- Comprehend, analyze and remodel processes in medicine, nursing and Management,
- Develop and implement QM systems in healthcare,
- retrieve their detailed knowledge of the conception, design and functionality of healthcare information systems in order to design such Systems,
- Describe the interaction of economics success, technology , processes and quality in healthcare,
- Plan and use indicators for the implementation of corporate guidelines in the areas of procurement, planning an d development,
- Present functioning, theoretical principles and technical implementation of medical devices,
- List application possibilities of mobile systems in healthcare and analyze, conceptualize and design applications of such Systems,
- Design, implement and evaluate medical studies in cooperation with medic.
The successful completion of the master program in turn qualifies the graduate to undertake a doctorate.
The Master of Science “Health Care IT” degree program is designed to educate and train highly qualified specialists in the areas of new health technologies and data intelligence.
Graduates have a therefore a wide spectrum of excellent and exciting career opportunities in fields such as:
- Research and Development
- Hospital Information Technology
- Software Development and Consulting
- Active and Assisted Living
- Biomedical Engineering / Medical Device Development
- Medical Image Processing
About this institute
Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
Since its foundation in 1995, CUAS has made history. Back then we started with 2 programs and about 70 students; currently we offer 37 study programs that educate almost 2000 full- and part-time students. About the same number of CUAS...
Why study at Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
8 reasons to study at the FH Carinthia
1. Face to Face
We are known for our open and familiar atmosphere. At our university, great value is placed on personal interaction between students, staff and professors. Small working groups allow for individual attention.
We are a university with an international orientation. The Carinthian University of Applied Sciences cooperates with more than 160 universities worldwide. Open to the world without borders, located at the intersection of three cultures in the Alps-Adriatic region very close to Italy and Slovenia, we offer both local and international students excellent conditions for multilingual studies.
3. Practical orientation
The combination of study and practice ensures the quality of teaching and research. This is ensured by our many international guest and part-time lecturers from industry and business. Cooperations with regional and foreign companies not only ensure a practice-oriented study program, but also guarantee scientific know-how.
4. Future orientation and sustainability
Innovative study programs with their finger on the pulse of the times make UAS Carinthia a showcase location for sustainable research and development. Future-oriented topics in all fields of study play an important role.
5 Unique nature, culture and lifestyle
Studying in Carinthia is fun! Nestled in idyllic mountains, valleys and lakes, there is a huge selection of sports and recreational opportunities in every season. The picturesque Carinthian landscape provides a unique quality of life around your studies.
6 Creative, young and dynamic atmosphere
In addition to studying, young, dynamic networks deliver perfect opportunities to gain a foothold in the start-up sector. Think labs, incubators, attractive innovation workshops and many events bring together UAS Carinthia students and entrepreneurs from the region and allow them to get to know each other early on for joint future projects.
7. The combination makes it
Where and, above all, what you want to study needs to be well thought out. The Carinthian University of Applied Sciences makes the choice easy: Here you will find a unique combination of a wide range of exciting and practice-oriented studies and a quality of life that is second to none.
8. Part-time studies
Part-time further education is the key to personal career planning. For students at Carinthia UAS, the curriculum is organized in such a way that studies and job can be reconciled.
Want to know more about Health Care IT MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!